Senior Cloud Engineer *Job Title:* Senior Cloud Engineer
*Location:* (REMOTE) HQ in TX
*Compensation:* $120k - $150k base
*Requirement:* 3+ years of Cloud Engineer experience. Must have GCP experience
The Senior Cloud Engineer will start to become actively involved in understanding the decision-making process for grooming, sizing tickets, laying out timelines, architecting solutions, deciding on technologies used, and pushing back where it makes sense.
We take a DevOps approach to application modernization and cloud migration. As a cloud-focused organization, we offer cloud migration services, G Suite implementations, enterprise-class DevOps support, and professional and managed services.
What You Will Be Doing - Communicate with clients heavily on calls, and should be actively participating on calls almost as much as the Director of Services. They should feel confident owning the client relationship when the Director of Services is not present.
- Have a comprehensive understanding of how everything on the project relates, interacts, and comes together.
- Knowledgeable about our Partners and the technologies they use.
- Comfortable using more than 1 cloud provider.
- Help coach Cloud Engineers when they get stuck or need assistance.
- Ability to orchestrate large-scale Terraform deployments, while following best practices.
- Ability to create Helm charts from scratch to deploy applications into Kubernetes.
- Should feel comfortable picking up other orchestration platforms fairly quickly. Essentially, clients need to be able to leverage the Senior Cloud Engineer as a knowledgeable source for all things Docker.
- Ability to create build / test / deploy pipelines
What You Need for this Position - Hands-on experience with AWS and GCP (minimum 4 yrs)
- Building CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins/Codefresh)
- Configuration Management experience (Ansible)
- Orchestration (Kubernetes, Rancher) (minimum 3-4 yrs)
- Practical production experience using Terraform (minimum 3-4 yrs)
- Proficient in Helmfile and/or Terragrunt (or similar tools that pull together multiple deployments and are easy to use but increase complexity).
- Have an understanding of advanced deployment strategies (Blue/Green, Canary, etc.).
- Advanced Docker knowledge about best practices related to layering and ordering of commands in Dockerfiles, in addition to advanced knowledge about strategies for building and testing Docker.
- Monitoring tools (Datadog, Zabbix, Elk, Grafana, Cloudwatch, Stackdriver, Nagios, etc.)
What's In It for You *$120k - $150k base*
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- MacBook Laptop
- An engineering career path with growth, bonuses, and advancement sight-lines.
- Remote work flexibility
So, if you are a Senior Cloud Engineer with experience, please apply today! Or, if you prefer to apply directly, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
*CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer*
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
*Your Right to Work* - In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!