This job has expired.
Attention Current Employees: To submit an application for posted positions, please close this window, log into your Workday account and apply through the Career worklet.
Instructions for Applicants: To be considered for one of our open positions, please complete our online employment application and submit all required attachments for each posting that is of interest. Once submitted, your application cannot be edited.
If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail EmployApp@wnet.org or call toll-free 1-800-992-7519. This email and phone number have been created exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
Reporting to the Director of Media Services, the Senior Coordinator, Media Services provides end-user support to production clients relating to media data integrity, infrastructure (software/hardware) storage utilization and post- production broadcast play-out. The Senior Coordinator supports technical issues and is responsible for providing support to editing professionals, resolving broadcast media related issues and vendor interface/management. Please note this is a fixed term/temporary position.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Collaborates proactively with IT staff to ensure technologies are current;
• Supports pre-production workflows for respective production unit clients;
• Troubleshoots and resolves media (ingest) related issues;
• Troubleshoots and supports producers and editors with all postproduction-related issues related to Adobe;
• Participates in the restoration activities of WNET's media assets;
• Assist with software/hardware updates as needed;
• Perform additional duties and special projects, as required.
• At least one year of experience in a broadcast environment; familiarity with production-related equipment/software;
• Working knowledge of both PC and Apple Products/Software and Servers (Windows 10, Mac OSX);
• Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud;
• Ability to assess and resolve complex technical issues;
• Capacity to meet tight timelines on a consistent basis;
• Ability to communicate/translate technical information to non-technical clients;
• Ability to work periodic on-call/weekends.
Candidates with working knowledge of Media Asset Management (i.e. Dalet) and Non-linear Editing Systems (i.e. Avid, Telestream products, Adobe Premiere) are preferred.
The position requires onsite work at our offices at Worldwide Plaza, 825 Eighth Avenue, New York, NY. Per WNET's vaccine mandate policy and in accord New York City's existing vaccine requirement, the successful candidate must show proof that they are fully vaccinated under applicable guidelines.
WNET is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, religion, creed, color, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy or pregnancy related condition, marital and partnership status, familial status, arrest or conviction record, union membership, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offense, unemployment status, caregiver status, credit history, salary history, military or protected veteran status, predisposing genetic characteristics, an employee's or an employee's dependent's sexual and reproductive health decisions, as well as all other classifications protected by applicable laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, promotions, benefits, leaves of absence.
If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email EmployApp@wnet.org or call toll-free 1-800-992-7519.
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!