From the inception of a project through to completion and beyond, Turner & Townsend help to deliver the outcomes that matter through transformational programs covering the full spectrum of consultancy, project delivery and post-project operations.
With offices located globally, you're never far away from our services. Working from 118 offices in 50 countries, we make the difference to projects across the real estate, infrastructure and natural resources sectors worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused, supported by an inclusive and fun company culture. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result, our people get to enjoy working on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
Turner & Townsend is seekingan experienced Senior Cost Manager or Quantity Surveyor. To be successful you will have experience developing and maintaining all aspects of cost management for real estate projects across commercial, hospitality, interiors, and retail sectors.
- Provide estimate and cost planning to include producing and presenting the final cost plan;
- Ability to estimate at conceptual, programming and detailed level;
- Assist in providing feasibility studies and using the application of parametric benchmark cost data;
- Provide benchmarking studies, analysis of cost data and presentation of data in reports;
- Undertake cost assurance of third-party estimates, report writing and presentation;
- Ability to perform all aspects of procurement, including managing the pre-qualification stage, produce bid list, bid analysis, produce bid report, and compile contractual documents;
- Participate effectively with post contract cost variances and the change control processes;
- Manage cost checks and carry out valuations on larger projects, and ensure timely and accurate cost checking, and valuation process;
- Produce monthly cost reports and present to clients;
- Provide input into value engineering and options analysis;
- Maintain liaison with client and other consultants at all projects stages;
- Provide leadership to cost management commissions, when necessary, ensure the delivery on all of accountabilities;
- Identify opportunities to develop new business with existing clients and report such opportunities to appropriate line manager, and utilize marketing database;
- Identify improvements for cost estimating and cost management procedures, templates, and products, and refer ideas to appropriate line manager;
- Provide leadership and training to estimating, direct-reports as necessary and appropriate;
- Demonstrated proficiency utilizing estimating formats, including Uniformat and CSI Masterformat.
Educational and Professional Qualifications:
- Competency using Excel, Word, PowerPoint, CostX, Bluebeam;
- Proficient in use of industry estimating databases and other estimating data sources, e.g. RS Means, Trade Services, Richardsons;
Additional InformationThe salary range for this full-time role is $95K-$185K per year. Ranges are determined by role and level and represent a good faith effort to provide a fair and equitable salary. This range is a reflection of base salary only, not of a total compensation package. Please note Turner & Townsend reserves the right to pay more or less than the posted range, depending on candidate's experience and qualifications.
- College degree in Engineering, Construction Management with a Technical Focus, Quantity Surveyor, or related technical field;
- Demonstrated experience as a Cost Manager on real estate, industrial and technology sector projects is required;
- Must possess exemplary communication skills - both written and oral;
- Must be a "self-starter," and a goal/results-oriented leader and team player;
- Demonstrated negotiation skills, required.
Turner & Townsend is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
If you'd like to view a copy of the company's affirmative action plan, please email recruitmentUSA@turntown.com
. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the Human Resources Department at 713-457-9400 or recruitmentUSA@turntown.com
. This telephone line and email address is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a response.
Join our social media conversations for more information about Turner & Townsend and our exciting future projects: TwitterInstagramLinkedIn
It is strictly against Turner & Townsend policy for candidates to pay any fee in relation to our recruitment process. No recruitment agency working with Turner & Townsend will ask candidates to pay a fee at any time.
Any unsolicited resumes/CVs submitted through our website or to Turner & Townsend personal e-mail accounts, are considered property of Turner & Townsend and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorised Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Turner & Townsend, there must be a formal written agreement in place and the agency must be invited, by the Recruitment Team, to submit candidates for review.
This job has expired.