We are DraftKings. We're inspired by our shared passion for developing creative solutions to complex challenges and empowering the people around us to do their best work. We are industry leaders in the digital entertainment and technology space propelled by constant curiosity and diverse perspectives.
Our teams are fueled by innovation. We are looking ahead, building what's next, and continuously reinventing the industry. We're a publicly traded (NASDAQ: DKNG) technology company headquartered in Boston, with teams around the world and an expanding global presence.
Building the Possibilities:
We're growing rapidly. As a Senior Database Infrastructure Engineer, you will help us continue running our applications smoothly as our business scales. DraftKings solves some of the most interesting challenges in the tech industry, and when you join our team, you'll have the opportunity to see your ideas and solutions directly impact our products.
What you'll do as a Senior Database Infrastructure Engineer
What you'll bring
- Responsible for the deployment, maintenance, and monitoring of our large scale Aurora MySQL and VMWare-based on-premises MySQL/Postgres database infrastructure
- Automate monitoring, maintenance and support related tasks
- Recommend, follow, advocate and train on database design and performance best practices
- You will be able to rapidly diagnose and fix problems and provide periodic on-call support
- Plan and implement all aspects of database disaster recovery
- Utilize self-provisioning tools such as Terraform to set up database Infrastructure
- Amazon Web Services database administration experience, 2+ years
- Proficiency in database administration, with experience maintaining highly available MySQL/Postgres clusters in AWS and on-premises
- Expertise in SQL (complex queries and stored procedures)
- Expertise in data modeling and schema design
- Proficiency in the scripting language of your choice (shell, perl, python, etc) and automation technologies (terraform, chef, docker, etc) for monitoring and custom automation
- Strong written, verbal and organizational skills
- Extensive experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
This position can sit in either Boston or remote; however, this work is to be performed entirely outside of Colorado.
We strive to create a place where all feel safe, empowered, engaged, championed, and inspired. DraftKings is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.
Ready to build what's next? Apply now.
As a regulated gaming company, you may be required to obtain a gaming license issued by the appropriate state agency as a condition of employment.
This job has expired.