Do you have expertise in, and interest in for leading Medical Affairs teams in Oncology? Apply your experience to changing the way cancer is treated in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines. Help to advance our pipeline by applying expertise and accelerating our pathway to finding a cure.
A dedicated Oncology unit, this is the place to build a world-class career. AstraZeneca's vision in Oncology is to help patients by redefining the cancer-treatment paradigm with the bold ambition to eliminate cancer as a cause of death. We are proud to work on ground breaking science with one of the broadest and deepest Oncology pipelines in the business.
We are seeking a Senior Global Medical Affairs Leader (GMAL), ADC supporting our Breast Franchise, to join us at one of our dynamic sites in either the greater DC Metro area in Gaithersburg MD, or Cambridge, UK! Reporting to the Tumor VP/Head, the Senior GMAL will lead the development of medical strategy and execution of key deliverables to support the launch and lifecycle management globally for Antibody-Drug Conjugate (ADC) assets in development for relevant indications. This position will work collaboratively with various internal and external partners and have specific ownership of key strategic elements of the medical plans.
What You'll Do:
Serving as the strategic leader and representing the Medical vision in key internal forums, the key tasks of the Senior GMAL include:
- Accountable for the development of global medical strategy and its delivery
- Manage entire project budgets (e.g. medical launch, study budget)
- Will lead in developing the scientific narrative and patient experience
- Develop the direction and implementation of the Evidence Generation Strategy
- Coordinate the Early Access Programme (EAP) strategy and delivery on behalf of GPT to enable early access of drug to patients prior to reimbursement
- Manage relationships with Key External Experts, clinicians and multi-disciplinary team members (e.g. pulmonologists, radiologists)
- Serve as Strategic Lead for Advisory boards including developing a strategic plan for ad boards, shaping the agendas, and working to ensure the right stakeholders are included in discussions to seek insights on the changing medical landscapes and evidence generation activities
- Ensure organizational awareness of implications of external data and developments to the broader portfolio and engage cross functionally and cross tumor/asset.
- Help develop the publications strategy and plan including data analysis and enduring asset strategy
- Build and lead an outstanding team, attracting, engaging and retaining talent for the future
- Minimum Advanced Scientific degree (PhD, PharmD) or equivalent medical/scientific qualifications and/or significant industry and/or therapeutic experience.
- Minimum 6+ years of senior/specialized experience within pharma/life sciences and/or medical experience (e.g. significant clinical/academic/medical affairs agency roles/organisations)
- Strong expertise and experience in Oncology, (ideally in Breast cancer or solid tumors)
- Experience and ability to lead and provide strategic leadership across functional working groups and teams within a complex matrix organisation
- Strong customer and communication skills with a strong situational Influencing style/ability
- Ability to influence strategically and persuade tactfully, to obtain desired outcomes while maintaining effective, positive organisational relationships
- Expertise in product launches and/or mature brand development
- Very strong expertise in evidence generation ( Phase III- IV; investigator-sponsored research; RWD)
- Strong experience of large market and/or global branding medical drugs within a pharmaceutical industry/oncology setting
- Strong understanding of the overall drug development process
Are you ready to bring new insights and fresh thinking to the table?
- MD (preferred)
- Oncology medical experience and/or clinical lab experience
- 2 years Global/Regional Medical leadership experience or 2+ years in a Senior Leadership Role in a large market
- Country launch experience
- Experience leading, promoting, motivating and empowering others to accomplish individual, team and organisational objectives
- Global project management experience
Brilliant! We have one seat available, and we hope it's yours. Apply today.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We follow all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.
This job has expired.