Do you want to be part of a business that genuinely values entrepreneurialism, innovation and individual accountability? We focus on our customers and are proud of the difference our technology makes. We partner with some of the biggest manufacturing companies in the world and our technical innovations are used to enhance well-known brands across multiple industries.
Red Lion Controls has an opportunity for a Senior Hardware Engineering Manager to join our leadership team as a vital component to successfully achieving our aggressive business goals. The Senior Hardware Engineering Manager will lead a talented group of hardware design engineers, to develop and design customer-focused automation & networking switch solutions. Red Lion, known for its strong engineering and excellent product quality, has an opportunity to capture significant share gains within the exciting Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT). Offering several attractive elements, including a knowledgeable, dedicated and talented engineering base, a well-regarded proprietary operating system, recently launched new product lines, exciting new technology, and international markets ripe for growth, Red Lion is well-positioned to offer a successful leader significant career and personal growth.
Red Lion has increased its focus on and desire to grow international markets therefore the opportunities are significant for those with the proper experience outside the US and a global mindset. While the initial experience will be managing a team of domestic engineers who are working on the latest NPI projects, the opportunity exists to gain exposure to diverse groups of engineers in other parts of the world.
The Senior Hardware Engineering Manager will be responsible for helping define and update the long-term technology roadmap of the company, shaping the development teams including organization structure, role / level definitions, and career development of hardware design engineers. Senior Hardware Engineering Manager will collaborate with marketing to lead and drive the engineering and product teams to define, design, and scale up the cost effective manufacturing for the next generation product platforms. This position reports to the Director of HW Engineering and is a member of the engineering leadership team.
Essential Job Functions
- Lead experienced hardware designers, layout engineers & technicians and manages hardware development programs, including coordination with other organization to insure the timely completion of projects.
- Monitor and evaluate external technology trends that could impact the company. Conducts research and case studies on leading edge automation technologies and makes determinations on the probability of implementation.
- Drive the right technology choices for automation & networking portfolio and present the technology roadmap for both immediate and long-term growth.
- Contributes to product road maps with extensive coordination with other functional areas, such as Software Development, Mechanical Design, Production, Quality and Product Management in order to bring new products to market on-time and with high quality.
- In collaboration with Marketing, challenge the status quo and question what is possible regarding new technologies and product capabilities.
- Communicates the needs of customers and end - users to development teams and ensures the needs are understood by everyone.
- Takes the business problem and derives to a technology solution that may encompass one or more products and services. Ensures it aligns with the business objectives and fits into the technology roadmap of the organization.
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of the engineering team.
- Goal Setting
- Periodic Reviews
- Plans for individual employee personal development/improvement
- Drive RLC HW Design/Development processes with new team
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate effectively
Endorse, support and model the Company's core values of: Be True Own It Aim HighMinimum Requirements
This job has expired.
- BSEE degree or equivalent, MSEE preferred.
- 10+ years hands-on hardware design including proficiency with relevant technologies like high-speed microcontroller and graphics controller systems, AC and DC power circuits, analog and digital I/O design, touch-screen displays and network interfaces.
- 7+ years of hardware engineering team management with end-to-end life cycle processes (Requirements, Prototyping, Design, Testing, Certification and Release)
- Experience with, or at a minimum, exposure to and understanding of global engineering teams and needs. It is important the successful candidate realizes the need for engineering design work - both NPI as well as sustaining - outside of the US for the service of all customers
- Experience and comfort in implementing and driving a stage-gate product evaluation process to keep the organization focused on likely marketable products
- Proven success building project plans, timelines, milestones and overall product / technology development process.
- Schematic and PCB design experience using OrCAD and Altium design software.
- Experience with hardware engineering test tools such as DSOs, DMM, JTAG debuggers, etc.
- Demonstrates oral and written communication skill to effectively interface with all levels of company management, staff, and customers and outside business contacts.
- Ability to take initiative and carry out project tasks with minimal supervision.
- Attention to detail and accurate record keeping abilities are a must.
- Must have proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with establishing metrics to measure engineering team effectiveness (e.g., work completed per sprint, issue burn-down rate etc.) and system stability.
- Strong influence management and leadership skills. Ability to work well with other teams.
- Ability to create and deliver clear and persuasive presentations.
- Demonstrates oral and written communication skill to effectively interface with all levels of Company management and staff, customers and outside business contacts.
- Proficiency with English language both written and verbal communication.