Noom is a leading global digital health company focused on helping people live healthier lives through behavior change. We're a mission-driven, high-growth organization that's powered by science, technology, and world-class talent.
Our legal team is looking for an exceptionally talented Senior Healthcare Regulatory Counsel to join our lean but growing legal team. You'll be an early, foundational member of the healthcare team, acting as subject matter expert and point of contact for all things related to our growing healthcare business. In this role, you will be responsible for establishing organization-wide processes, supporting Noom's teams with their legal and compliance needs, giving advice, and making sure that Noom is complying with applicable privacy and regulatory regimes. You'll work directly with our AGC, as well as with leaders from across the company.
*What you'll be doing:*
* Helping to plan and build our healthcare regulatory legal function, implementing and improving processes and best practices
* Managing and driving strategy and risk mitigation for a wide range of regulatory and compliance legal issues
* Collaborating with internal and external experts to appropriately manage risk and comply with policies, laws, rules, regulations, and company objectives
* Ensuring ongoing compliance with and knowledge of healthcare regulations and advise/communicate with the business accordingly
* Training and educating as well as providing strategic guidance to the company's business teams and leaders on legal issues relating to healthcare regulatory compliance
* 4+ years of relevant experience in healthcare regulatory law (at a law firm and/or in-house technology company) with demonstrated experience partnering with in-house business clients
* Must demonstrate in-depth knowledge of the legal and regulatory environment as it relates to healthcare law
* Experience developing creative solutions to navigate complex legal issues to both protect the company and drive Noom's business forward
* Has the ability to prioritize and manage multiple matters simultaneously in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, rapidly-scaling environment
* Creative thinker who is comfortable with change and ambiguity, and is able to bring a first principles approach to building scalable processes
* Able to manage stakeholder requests and expectations and balance the requirements of internal teams, compliance needs, and external stakeholders
* Able to communicate clearly and productively with non-legal stakeholders
* JD from accredited U.S. law school; licensed in good standing with a state bar
*What Makes This Job Amazing*
* You'll be helping millions of people lead healthier lives every day
* You'll experience huge learning & professional growth opportunities. Noom believes in supporting you; we'll cover the cost of books, courses, conferences… you name it!
* You'll become part of our transparent, high-performing, and close-knit team
* We guarantee you will learn a tremendous amount in a short time. For those who value and excel in transparent, high-intensity, and high-impact environments, there is significant opportunity for advancement.
* The US base salary range for this full-time position is $186,000 to $242,000.
* Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting is based on Noom's estimate as of the date of publication and reflects the minimum and maximum target for the position across all US locations. The actual placement of the candidate within the range is based on factors including but not limited to relevant experience, assessment of functional skills and behavioral competencies, scope, and location. This range is not inclusive of any discretionary bonus or equity package.
*Other Elements of the Rewards Package:*
* Noom currently offers a comprehensive and generous total rewards package. This package generally includes discretionary performance-based bonus, stock awards, healthcare & retirement benefits, paid holidays, paid time off, disability benefits and various wellness programs, etc.
* By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
* In-office location: New York, NY, USA
* Remote location(s): United States.
* Your recruiter can share more about the specific compensation package for your preferred location during the hiring process
*More About Noom*
At Noom, we believe that the individual is the greatest force for good, not just in their health but in unlocking their fullest potential. We apply the same principles inside Noom. Across our dynamic organization, we empower our teams to execute on big ideas and we start and end each day with responsibility to make the world a healthier place. Fortune, Inc., Glassdoor, and Crain's have all named Noom a Best Place to Work including being named on Fortune's lists for Best Workplaces in New York, Best Workplaces in Technology, Best Workplaces for Women, and Best Workplaces for Millennials.
Noom is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, caste, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Noom is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities. To request reasonable accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To help protect against potential hiring scams, please be aware that all email communications from the Noom Talent team and/or hiring managers will come only from an @noom.com email address. Our assessment process includes multiple phone and/or video interview rounds, and we will never ask you for personal payment, require you to purchase equipment, or extend a job offer without the completion of this interview process. If you are unsure about the validity of a Noom job posting on another website, we strongly encourage you to instead apply directly through our website.