- Provide strategic analytical recommendations to Target category teams that promote profitable category sales and market share growth
- Develop and maintain strong partnerships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Work cross-functionally with Target buyers, planners, space and presentation team and other key Target partners to leverage analytical insights and uncover strategic opportunities.
- Oversee planning and execution of all aspects of Target's planogram building process and assortment reviews
- Analyze and leverage customer point of sale and syndicated data to evaluate performance, identify trends and provide actionable insights to drive category and sales growth
- Primary contact with retail buying teams as well as internal customer management team, product and growth teams.
- Direct Reports subject to business needs
HanesBrands Inc. is a global company with more than 59,000 associates in 33 countries, all working together to create the world's best apparel to include iconic brands such as Champion, Hanes, Bali, Bonds, and many more. We offer enormous opportunities for creative thinkers, for people with a passion for consumers, and for people who think like business owners. We're building a truly inclusive culture, where people of different backgrounds, races, cultures and experiences come together to make us stronger. We are a sustainable company committed to making a positive difference in our communities around the world.
The Senior Manager Category Management - Target will report to the Director of Shopper Insights and Category Management and will be based in Minneapolis, MN. This position is responsible for managing and providing analytical recommendations to Target buyers as a category captain and key strategic thought partner. This individual will be responsible for using category insights, analysis and proprietary analytic tools to provide category leadership to Target and HBI growth teams to increase both Target and HBI sales and market share. This role will partner closely with Target's buying teams as a key cross-functional stakeholder to drive strategic category growth. This individual must be analytical, a self-starter, a collaborator, a good communicator and have a strong desire to learn the business. This position requires a growth mindset. Qualifications Education/Experience
Additional Personal Characteristics
- Bachelor's degree or 4+ years of relevant experience required; master's degree preferred
- 10+ years of relevant industry experience (marketing, marketing research, sales), experience in category management preferred. Experience with Target category captainships a plus
- E-commerce or merchandising experience with strong understanding of retail math and metrics preferred
- Experience with leveraging Syndicated (NPD, IRI, Nielsen, etc.) data to drive sales growth
- Highly proficient in JDA/Pro Space/planogram building
- Proven ability as a "thinker", a "strategist" and a "creative mind" in order to think outside the box to be a solution provider
- Must possess strong quantitative and analytical skills with exceptional reporting capabilities
- Strong collaboration, leadership and management skills.
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills, including exceptional presentation and reporting capability
- Strong problem solving, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Proven ability to take initiative and possess strong sense of urgency
- Strong computer skills required and proficiency in Microsoft Office products user - especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to use independent judgment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse/global company
- Strong critical thinking skills and the ability to analyze, summarize, and effectively present data
- Strong consulting skills and the ability to influence stakeholders
- The ability to work effectively in a matrixed organization
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Results-driven change agent
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status
Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly:
Email: HBI_TA@hanes.comBenefits we offer
*Benefits vary by country HanesBrands Inc now offers a benefit allowing associates to get paid for their hours at any time without having to wait until payday.
This job has expired.
Health & Wellness
401(k) & Employee
Stock Purchase Plan
Paid Vacation, Holidays
& Paid Parental Leave
Hybrid Work Schedule
Community Outreach &
Tuition Assistance &
On The Job Training
- And More..