This can be a remote position; the selected candidate can reside and perform the work from anywhere within the United States.
At BrightDrop, we are reshaping e-commerce by developing smarter, greener, and more efficient ways to deliver goods and services to your door, while delivering a brighter future for the cities where we live. We are building an ecosystem of all-electric, zero-emissions delivery solutions - from electric vehicles, to eP1s and software that leverages real-time data to drive intelligent optimizations for e-commerce.
To deliver on our mission we are growing fast and building a team, with offices in Palo Alto, Atlanta and Detroit, that is customer-focused, agile and passionate about innovating for a more sustainable future.
From engineering to product management and operations, BrightDrop is looking for people who can combine a passion for technology and sustainability with high doses of curiosity and rigorous thinking to deliver a better future.
Backed by General Motors, BrightDrop is striving to improve the communities where we live and deliver a better future for generations to come. We hope you'll join us.
In the senior communications manager role, you'll lead internal communications and support internal executive visibility efforts for the President and CEO of BrightDrop and his leadership team with BrightDrop employees. You'll develop the strategy for communicating to and about employees around company updates, product launches, staffing changes, and crisis situations. You'll also help leadership manage their presence on internal social media platforms as well as prepare company-wide emails, blog posts, presentations, employee recognition posts, and more.
Working closely with the People and Business Operations teams, you'll develop employee profiles and plan internal events. Working with the GM Internal Communications team, you'll play a key role in telling BrightDrop stories to GM employees to increase their awareness of the brand.
This role offers the opportunity to expand executive thought leadership, issues management, and employee storytelling skills. Social media, event planning, and project management experience is strongly preferred. Experience in tech communications is beneficial.
Additional Job DescriptionMust-have Behaviors
- Develop and execute the internal communications strategy for the President and CEO and his leadership team, including development of materials and hosting virtual and eventually in-person events
- Work collaboratively with the external communications senior manager and marketing team to develop compelling written and visual content to be used on internal social media channels, with a focus understanding on company's mission and communications pillars
- Collaborate with the People team to send employee communications about various topics and Business Operations to plan internal events
- Write employee profile stories to share across the enterprise using digital media tools
- Help develop a BrightDrop Speaker's Bench for speaking opportunities
- Manage relationships with employees across the company and understand their needs and concerns.
- Build and maintain a close relationship with key stakeholders
- Bring a competitive-minded approach to a fast-moving growth space within the industry
- Work with GM's Internal Communications and International Communications teams to extend BrightDrop's internal content
- Support efforts to communicate to employees around major company events and high-priority moments like media announcements, tech conferences, product launches, etc.
- Use data and analytics to drive strategic communication strategies
- Frequent travel to support communications efforts
- Tech smart - Familiar and comfortable with technology. Excited about addressing climate change through revolutionizing transportation
- Writing - Captures leaders voices, communicates effectively to stakeholders, avoids corporate jargon, and uses conversational language. Demonstrates strong storytelling and writing skills
- Achieves under pressure - Thrives in a fast-paced environment; manages change and ambiguity with ease; pushes forward during challenging situations; and thinks and responds quickly under pressure
- Creative - Develops narratives easily and crafts compelling stories about unrecognizably connected events
- Curious - Naturally interested in exploring issues that are important to our employees
- Strategic mindset - Leverages data and research for decisions and setting priorities around storytelling. Ties plans to overall strategies set by leadership and business priorities
- Collaborative and Innovative - Works well with others across the business, thinks outside of the box, and brings innovative ideas
- Influential - Ability to influence and counsel individuals across the organization
- BA in communications, marketing, or related field
- Tech, start-up, issues management, and/or editorial experience
- Minimum of 6 years of professional experience
- Executive counsel, writing, public speaking, and presentation development
- Experience with internal communications channels (i.e.Slack)
- Social and digital media skills
The median level of salary compensation for this role is $126,756Bonus Potential:
An incentive pay program offers payouts based on company performance, job level, and individual performance.Benefits:
GM offers a variety of health and wellbeing benefit programs. Benefit options include medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, retirement savings plan, sickness and accident benefits, life insurance, paid vacation & holidays, tuition assistance programs, employee assistance program, GM vehicle discounts and more#LI-Remote#gmremoteAbout GM
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Benefits Overview
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.