The Advantasure Portfolio Planning Program Manager heavily interacts with Executive Leadership, Product Development, Portfolio Management, Engineering and Agile Delivery leads to facilitate and drive the portfolio of internally and client funded projects. This role is an evangelist for portfolio management and is responsible for managing the project investment approval process and ensuring that cross-functional plans and business cases are being developed to ensure resource capacity planning matches the level of investment budgets. An ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, is highly organized, has strong business and financial acumen, understand resource planning, and can build relationships across the organization and at all different management levels.
- Develops, maintains, and presents portfolio management and planning training materials and job aids to effectively train plan owners and stakeholders across the organization
- Develops strong partnerships with internal departments and external customers, establishing transparency and trust to build confidence and deepen relationships
- Facilitate the cadence of the portfolio management process and provide management of agendas, notes, and downstream tracking and linking to internal IT and accounting systems
- Continuously improves the planning process by integrating optimal ways of planning and organizing, delivering, auditing, and supporting
- Responsible for working with leadership to manage the company portfolio of investments and working with resource leaders to ensure resource capacity and demand are aligned
- Develops and uses queries, boards, and capacity plans in JIRA and Confluence to drive automation and efficiency in the planning process
- Develops and delivers dashboard reporting for distribution to leadership
- Performs compliance audits, analysis & reporting for adherence to process
- Actively engages stakeholders and teammates and creates a positive team atmosphere
- Supports weekly/monthly/quarterly status meetings and publishes dashboards to keep stakeholders abreast of new information and planning activities
- Responsible for keeping enterprise portfolio plans up to date and visible to leadership
- Completes other routine tasks, ad hoc analysis and reporting
This position description identifies the responsibilities and tasks typically associated with the performance of the position. Other relevant essential functions may be required. EMPLOYMENT QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION:
Bachelor's Degree in a related field required. Advanced degree preferred. Relevant combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of degree. Continuous learning, as defined by the Company's learning philosophy, is required. Agile SAFe Lean Portfolio Management Certification or progress toward certification is preferred and encouraged. EXPERIENCE:
Minimum ten years of experience in a related field, typically in two subject areas (e.g., portfolio management, Lean Portfolio Management, program management, project management, product management). The above minimum requirements may be fulfilled in tandem and do not have to be sequential or separate. Minimum 5 years of experience working with executive leaders, with proficiency in portfolio management. SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES (SKA) REQUIRED:
- 3-5 years of portfolio management planning tools (Jira and Confluence preferred)
- Strong communication skills including the ability to effectively articulate insights and create convincing executive level presentations
- Track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Ability to build relationships and partner with cross-functional teams at all levels across the organization and influence decision making without authority
- Proven ability to facilitate meetings of all sizes for requirements, project planning, decision negotiations, risk and issue identification and status tracking
- Proven ability to define and implement processes across an enterprise
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- Attention to accuracy and detail required
- Ability to analyze data and present it in a way that tells a story.
- Expert-to-advanced Microsoft Excel skills using large sets of data
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to handle the unexpected with flexibility.
- Ability to effectively exchange information, in verbal or written form, by sharing ideas, reporting facts and other information, responding to questions, and employing active listening techniques
- Ability to work independently, within a team environment, and communicate effectively with employees at all levels
- 3-5 years of experience with Agile product development (preferred)
Work is performed in an office setting with no unusual hazards.
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum education, experience, skills, knowledge and ability levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is valued and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. Candidates for the position stated above are hired on an \"at will\" basis. Nothing herein is intended to create a contract.
This job has expired.