Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization.
GHD's Northeast Water Business has an opportunity for a Senior Project Manager to join our team in the Southeast New York / Southwest Connecticut area. This role will provide you the opportunity to contribute to the planning, design and construction engineering of water, wastewater, utilities, infrastructure and site-development projects for our wide range of municipal and private clients and to contribute to growth within this region.
If you have a passion for infrastructure planning and design this may be the role you've been searching for!
Day to day responsibilities will include:
For success in this position, you will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Establishing client relationships and winning work
- Working with our local client teams to identify project needs for water and wastewater plans, technical reports, design drawings, contract documents, cost estimates and project permits
- Oversight of design and construction projects
- Ability to oversee the execution of multi-disciplinary projects helping to coordinate these efforts
- Assisting in developing conference abstracts and participating in technical conferences
- Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in Civil Engineering or Environmental Engineering
- Current Professional Engineer (PE) license in the state of NY and (or) CT or with the ability to obtain within 6 months of hire
- 10 or more years of experience in water / wastewater / utility / infrastructure design
- Project and client relationship experience within the eastern NY / Connecticut markets
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work both within a team and independently
- Focus on client service
- Devise approaches to problem resolution in a team working environment
- Experience in working on and leading multi-disciplinary project teams
Being the best we can be is in our culture. We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanization are made sustainable for generations to come. Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognize achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business. Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly 'One GHD' across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents - Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients. If you are passionate about pursuing this position, please submit your resume and cover letter via the link above.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
This position does not provide visa sponsorship.
This job has expired.