BSD RAO - Operations
About the Department
The Department of Radiation and Cellular Oncology provides care for patients with many different types of cancer and has a long history of breakthrough translational and clinical research. The department is home to 24 faculty members at 5 clinical sites. This at-will position is wholly or partially funded by contractual grant funding which is renewed under provisions set by the grantor of the contract. Employment will be contingent upon the continued receipt of these grant funds and satisfactory job performance.
This job is based at Hyde Park location and will be responsible to support all aspects of clinical research projects in the department including planning and conducting clinical and non-clinical research; facilitating monitors, directing technical support activities, assist with data collection and analysis and responsible for daily record keeping and regulatory aspects of clinical research activities for a team of clinical investigators.
- Designs new training and development programs for clinical research faculty and staff.
- Develops and maintains programs that focus on internal and external collaborations and partnerships that enhance the quality of the clinical research enterprise at University of Chicago.
- Supports clinical research teams (clients) in the design and implementation of process improvement plans, generalizing processes when possible to benefit the University of Chicago research community.
- Drives high-quality projects within expected timeframes.
- Monitors progress of projects and initiatives and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes.
- Supports clinical research technology platform planning and implementation.
- Provides mentorship and counsel to clinical research staff and faculty.
- Contributes to divisional clinical research training portfolio, training plans, coordination of speakers and planning of modules and topics.
- Uses moderate/solid understanding and experience to administer the delivery of services to program participants and/or beneficiaries.
- Has moderate/high levels of interactions with faculty, researchers and staff for committee work or information.
- Manages the daily administrative and technical activities in a single highly complex, large clinical trial or multiple moderately complex, concurrent clinical trials. Designs and guides internal and external audits and manages external surveys.
- Implements Good Clinical Practices (GCP) and all relevant current local, state, and federal laws, regulations, policies and procedures. Develops and implements consistent standards and protocols.
- Solves complex problems relating to data management and the analysis of large administrative datasets. Works independently to develop, manage, and report on key data and ensures timeliness of data and reporting submissions from multiple investigators.
- Acts as a resource on the basics of clinical research and related aspects of clinical study for colleagues with less experience. Prepares and evaluates writing protocols, IRB submissions, grant applications, manuscripts, reports, and dissemination tools.
- Performs other related work as needed.
Minimum requirements include a college or university degree in related field.---
Minimum requirements include knowledge and skills developed through 5-7 years of work experience in a related job discipline.---
- Knowledge of regulations governing human research.
- Demonstrable organizational and project management skills.
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
Working ConditionsApplication Documents
- Strong analytical, organizational and report-writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral/written).
- Ability to work as part of a collaborative team as well as autonomously.
- Resume (required)
- Cover Letter (preferred)
When applying, the document(s) MUST
be uploaded via the My Experience
page, in the section titled Application Documents
of the application.Job Family
Individual ContributorFLSA Status
MonthlyScheduled Weekly Hours
YesDrug Test Required
NoHealth Screen Required
NoMotor Vehicle Record Inquiry Required
Employees must comply with the University's COVID-19 vaccination requirements. More information about the requirements can be found on the University of Chicago Vaccination GoForward.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
We seek a diverse pool of applicants who wish to join an academic community that places the highest value on rigorous inquiry and encourages a diversity of perspectives, experiences, groups of individuals, and ideas to inform and stimulate intellectual challenge, engagement, and exchange.
All offers of employment are contingent upon a background check that includes a review of conviction history. A conviction does not automatically preclude University employment. Rather, the University considers conviction information on a case-by-case basis and assesses the nature of the offense, the circumstances surrounding it, the proximity in time of the conviction, and its relevance to the position.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at:http://securityreport.uchicago.edu.Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
This job has expired.