At ACT Your Work Makes a Difference
ACT team members are part of an organization dedicated to an important mission: Helping people achieve education and workplace success.
Everything we do contributes to this mission, including team member events, professional development resources, community outreach opportunities and a market-competitive benefits program. Helping team members achieve education and workplace success of their own advances the ACT mission on a daily basis.
You will be joining a team that is enthusiastic about process improvement and using Salesforce to support our customers and sales teams. We are in the early stages of working in the SAFe Agile Framework and are rapidly increasing velocity while delivering high quality work.
We are seeking a Senior Salesforce Systems Administrator on our Sales Support team to help us fulfill our mission.
Location: This position has flexibility to be remote or work full-time or hybrid at the ACT Headquarters in Iowa City.
The Senior Salesforce Systems Administrator works with stakeholders across the organization to understand business needs and improvement opportunities, translate priorities into a consumable Agile backlog and execute on solution delivery. The Senior Salesforce Systems Administrator works closely with other Salesforce Administrators within the organization to make sure that solutions align to the ACT Salesforce roadmap.
What you will be working on:
This could be the job for you if you have (minimum requirements):
- Analyze business problems, create and implement solutions, capture and document business requirements, maintain use cases/business process flows, develop and execute system test cases
- Work cross-functionally with various teams and tools to facilitate feature deployment
- Manage and track features, epics, and user stories (including acceptance criteria) in organizational tools (such as Jira)
- Prepare users by conducting training, providing information, and resolving problems
- Responsible for contributing to the Salesforce roadmap and management of development, implementation, and communication to business stakeholders, scrum teams, and other interested stakeholders
- Lead, support, size, and inform continual improvement efforts to regularly, systematically, and incrementally enhance the business value delivered by the Salesforce platform
- Create and manage custom objects, fields, formulas, validation rules, layouts, custom workflows, process builder, approval processes, lightning flows, html and custom email templates, lightning record pages, dynamic pages, quote templates, customer actions
- Design, document, build, test and deploy enhancements to Salesforce
- Create custom report types, custom reports, and dashboards
- Applies the SAFe Agile Framework and software development best practices for Salesforce updates and deployments: Salesforce Lightning Flows, Use Cases and Testing, Environmental Stability (Sandbox, Stress, Production)
- Act as a liaison across functional areas in order to overcome customer obstacles
- Follow Salesforce best practices and organizational development and deployment processes
It's a plus if you have:
- Requires a minimum of five years of experience that includes business process/business analysis, technology and project management experience
- At least 2 years of experience that includes:
- Implementing, configuring and administering Salesforce.com
- Participation in and/or leading Salesforce projects
- Delivering solutions to customer problems, preferably with an emphasis on sales, customer service, and/or marketing issues
- Experience creating, updating and debugging Salesforce Lightning flows, process builder, automations and approval processes
- Experience working in an Agile environment, preferably Safe Agile Framework
- Experience with deployment and testing tools (Provar and Flosum in particular is a plus)
- Salesforce Administrator Certification
- Ability to use subject matter and skills to effectively acquire and apply information and to keep current with system advances and technologies
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and decision-making skills, combined with ability to take initiative and be self-directed
- Ability to research and resolve complex problems working both individually and within teams
- Thorough understanding of business process, logic, and data to solve complex problems
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to effectively manage multiple deliverables and to identify and implement process improvements
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively in a team environment across multiple time zones, especially with Sales, Support, and Marketing teams
- Demonstrated ability to optimize business processes and customer experience through continuous improvement techniques
- Experience using Data Loader and Workbench
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Ability to successfully manage change and navigate positively in a fast-paced environment, prioritizing and managing multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of project management fundamentals; ability to use project management tools and participate effectively in a structured project management environment
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related area; or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired
- Experience evaluating new Salesforce apps and developing plans for their implementation
- Apex experience
- Familiarity with DevOps
- Experience with Jira
- Experience creating pages and adding flows to Salesforce experience cloud portals (communities)
- Salesforce Certifications:
- Salesforce Certified Sales Cloud Consultant
- Salesforce Certified Service Cloud Consultant
- Salesforce Certified Experience Cloud Consultant
When ACT was founded in 1959, it disrupted the assessment industry with a new approach to helping students better understand their readiness so they could take steps to improve it. By leveraging our expertise and authority in assessment and research, we will again disrupt the industry-helping more people learn, better measure their progress, and improve their navigation through life's transitions.
More than ever before, ACT is fulfilling its mission of helping people achieve education and workplace success. We're doing it by pushing the boundaries of learning innovation through the work of our people, who we call team members because we're all in this together.
We know transformation does not come without challenge. That's why ACT invests in a variety of experiences for team members to strengthen their connections, explore ideas, learn from customers, and celebrate success.
Learn more about working at ACT at act.org!
This job has expired.