Senior Scientist, Oncology Bioscience- Epigenetics and Transcription Regulation
At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you're our kind of person!
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled cellular/molecular biologist to join the Oncology Bioscience group at AstraZeneca in Waltham, MA. As a Senior Research Scientist, you will be an integral member of a dynamic and growing team focusing on epigenetic mechanisms and therapies. In this role, you will use your technical and scientific expertise to support identification and validation of novel targets, execution of CRISPR screens, and lead efforts in cell assay development, compound profiling and characterization of the mechanism of action of epigenetic therapies. You will have the opportunity to work with a team of cross functional scientists, and contribute to the identification of drug candidates and the generation of compelling data packages to progress promising drug discovery projects towards clinical development. If you're inspired by the possibilities of science to make a difference and ready to discover what you can do - join us.
- Design and execution of in vitro proof of concept studies to support the characterization and development of candidate molecules
- Develop, implementation, and troubleshooting medium throughput cell-based phenotypic assays (e.g. proliferation, survival, cell cycle, apoptosis) in 2D, 3D and clonogenic assay formats
- Lead efforts to identify and validate novel epigenetic targets
- Assist in CRISPR screens and validation of hits
- Analyse data and maintain clear experimental records
- Organize and present experimental results to project teams
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Cell Biology or equivalent with 3+ years of relevant experience;
- Familiarity with multiple assay platforms and technologies: cell culture, CRISPR cell line generation, western blot, flow cytometry, Q-PCR, proliferation and apoptosis assays
- Experience in pharmaceutical industry is a plus
- Experience with epigenome profiling techniques is a plus
- Demonstrated proficiency in data processing and management
- Adept at managing multiple priorities in an efficient and organized manner
- Excellent track record of ability to work in a fast-paced team environment, with strong communication, organization, efficiency and leadership skills
- Ability to contribute with a positive, result oriented and problem-solving attitude
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
So, what's next? If you are ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table, apply today!
Where can I find out More?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
This job has expired.