Title: Sr. Software Developer
Location: Remote (Seattle a plus)
What to Expect:
As a Sr. Software Developer at Guy Carpenter, you will be responsible for the analysis, design, development, implementation, and support of high-performance, highly scalable .NET scientific simulation platforms using leading agile development practices. This is a hands-on role that works both independently and collaboratively in a team environment. You must be a self-starter, delivery-focused, and possess a broad set of technology skills to take this complex modeling platform to the next level of usability, performance, automation, and scalability.
We'll count on you to:
What's in it for you?
- Redeveloping our WPF UI into a new modern experience, using web technologies based on industry standards with a proven track record.
- Developing new customer online experiences in user portals, online distribution/delivery, licensing, help, news/announcements, etc.
- Supporting our path to Azure (and other cloud providers).
- Support our transition from .NET Framework to .NET Core.
- Enhancing our external and internal telemetry, online reports, and dashboards.
- Work directly with actuaries, experts in reinsurance, and capital modeling to develop user interfaces and APIs for advanced modeling analyses.
- Work with embedded QA and domain experts to design, implement, test, and support software products, tools, and applications.
- Meet with product users to understand their goals and the domain. Use their feedback to further improve the user experience of the modeling software.
- Develop high-performance applications, features, and functionality in C# / .NET using the latest standards and technologies.
What you need to have:
- A company with a strong Brand and strong results to match
- Culture of internal mobility, collaboration and valued partnerships throughout business
- Employee Resource Groups which provide access to leaders, relevant volunteer and mentoring opportunities and interactions with counterparts in industry groups and client organizations
- Competitive pay (salary and bonus potential), Full benefits package - starting day one (medical, dental, vision, STI/LTI, life insurance, generous 401k match AND contribution
- After six months, eligible for up to $10k tuition reimbursement per year and participation in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan
What makes you stand out:
- 10+ years software development experience.
- Expert working knowledge of C# (7.3 - 9.0), .NET Framework/Core, and Visual Studio.
- Has a deep understanding of threading, LINQ, async/tasks, pattern matching, and pinvoke interoperability.
- Has the ability to architect complex code solutions that are understandable, maintainable, flexible, and expandable.
- Has experience with using Azure and related C# Azure packages.
- Have a proven ability to extract goals, ideas, and approaches from domain experts and translate them into requirements, code, UI, and applications.
- Experience with Protobuf and gRPC technologies.
- Knowledgeable of WPF/XAML and/or WinForms or Web UI frameworks.
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrates self-motivation, resourcefulness, and independent action.
- Experience working directly with users on an agile development team.
- Proven record of shipping commercial software and/or online experiences.
- Can work remotely and in-person. Willing to travel (at least 4 times a year if not in Seattle).
- Experience with interactive charting and graphing packages for the visual display of quantitative information.
- Understanding of SQL technologies and languages
- Has experience with Python, Kubernetes, C++, C++/CLI, and/or strong math background.
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC is a leading global risk and reinsurance specialist with more than 3,100 professionals in over 60 offices around the world. Guy Carpenter delivers a powerful combination of broking expertise, trusted strategic advisory services and industry-leading analytics to help clients adapt to emerging opportunities and achieve profitable growth. Guy Carpenter is a business of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. The company's 75,000 colleagues advise clients in over 130 countries. With annualized revenue approaching $17 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading companies including Marsh, Mercer and Oliver Wyman. For more information, visit www.guycarp.com and follow Guy Carpenter on LinkedIn and Twitter @GuyCarpenter
This job has expired.