This software engineer primarily develops Azure-based API services. These services handle genetic animal data, animal registrations, health information, and animal quality. This engineer works with cross-functional teams including business leaders, data scientists, industry experts, and application software engineers. Learning and understanding the commercial objectives is essential, as one will translate the requirements for development, testing, and implementation. One must be able to work with internal and external business stakeholders to refine requirements, develop prototypes with test cases, and deploy to production environments. Responding to urgent issues in production is not a primary occupation, but is a key requirement on occasion. Establishing and maintaining protocols for efficient storage and communication is essential for long-term viability of this code and the connected projects. Quality considerations include checking data integrity, ensuring data completeness, avoiding redundancy, and accurate adaptation between data models. Expertise in database design, REST APIs, Azure cloud technology, and data mapping is critical. Other duties include preparing documentation and technical specifications to describe project design. The successful candidate can balance the need for collaboration with independent effort to ensure timely delivery of business needs.
The major duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Provide leadership in Azure platform API development.
- Designing and developing Azure API and associated databases.
- Designing and developing Azure systems for specific uses cases.
- Including automated test cases and collaborating with API consumers for acceptance testing.
- Providing architecture design and work with other system architects.
- Designing systems to move large datasets.
- Generating proofs of concept and providing input on novel ways of handing data movement.
- Understanding commercial objectives, requirements, workflows, and key deliverables for new or revised products and services.
- Documenting details of API endpoints and parameters.
- Working across time zones in support of global business units and development teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Information Systems, or equivalent experience.
- Experience in designing enterprise solutions and architecture.
- Demonstrated skills in documenting solutions.
- 3 or more years of developing APIs and databases within Microsoft Azure solutions.
- Experience with most of the following tools:
- .NET Core 3.1
- Entity Framework Core
- MVC Architecture / N-Tier Architecture
- Azure SQL Server
- Azure App Services
- Azure API Management Service
- Azure Service Bus
- Azure Notification Hubs
- Azure Functions
- Azure Storage Accounts
- NewtonSoft JSON
- Ability to manage and mentor junior level engineers
Any unsolicited resumes sent to Zoetis from a third party, such as an Agency recruiter, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Zoetis mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Zoetis employees, or to Zoetis resume database will be considered Zoetis property. Zoetis will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Zoetis will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. This includes any Agency that is an approved/engaged vendor but does not have the appropriate approvals to be engaged on a search.
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at email@example.com to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of "@zoetis.com". In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.
This job has expired.