The Garlock family of companies manufactures industrial sealing and pipeline protection products. We are industry leaders focused on continuous improvement and customer satisfaction.
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- 21.23 per hour + $1.50 shift differential
- 3rd shift (from 10pm to 6am)
- 8 hour shift
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage for employee plus eligible dependents
- Employer matching 401K, paid time off, holidays, employee assistance programs, wellness programs, on-site medical staff and fitness center
- Progressive pay scale
- Welding certification opportunity
- Life and AD & D insurance, dependent life insurance, long term disability, and HSA, FSA
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Expansion Joint Finisher
- Performs all duties relative to the preparation of all style and size expansion joints for final cure process, removal of forms following cure, final finishing of expansion joints and flue ducts. , Performs setup and installation of all exp. Jts requiring hydrostatic testing and final preparation and packaging of all style and size expansion joints for shipment.
- Prepares joints that are up and over ten feet in diameter.
- Works with all styles including spool, rectangular, and through lay up types.
- Maintains proficiency in all wrapping procedures including those where exact torque must be applied to plates to achieve and maintain specified dimensions.
- Devises special wrapping procedures for non-standard and tapered joints as required.
- Forks from sketches and manufacturing orders and verbal instructions.
- Shims forms, trims and cuts cure blocks, and otherwise make adjustments to complete proper wrap procedures.
- Transfer joint to stripping area.
- Lifts joint to stripping frame, pulls cloth strips, tape, and cord from joint, rolls up cloth and tape and winds cord to reel.
- Removes curing plates clamps, shims, etc. using various hand and power tools.
- Lifts joint from stripping frame and using Hyd. Jack or mallet. Removes joint from form and pries arch core from joint.
- Returns tape, cloth, cord, forms, clamps, and plates to proper storage and delivers joint to finishing area. Keeps record of work performed and fills out and records necessary information on paper work for NUPIC and ISO.
- Loads and unloads curing oven with expansion joints as required, using hoists and or tow motor. Activates curing ovens.
- Measures and trims sleeve to proper length and width when necessary.
- Transfers joint to finishing area.
- As joints are delivered, operator proceeds to remove flash using a hand knife if necessary.
- Smoothes rough surfaces with power sander and emery paper.
- Checks order card for drilling requirements, compare serial number on joint with number on order card and selects proper bolt hole template.
- Using square and rule measures and marks flanges for centering of template and to insure alignment of bolt holes.
- Drills bolt holes using post drill or hand drill.
- Paints joint as required using brush and/or roller and loads joints on pallet
- Inspects joint while finishing and reports defects to supervisor.
- Finishing of flue ducts.
- Selects and assembles form to hold flue duct for drilling
- Obtains prefabricated flue duct from hold location and stretches around form.
- Reviews print or sketch for drilling requirements.
- Obtains template for standard drilling, or on non-standard drillings, measures and marks bolt hole locations.
- Lays out individual bolt hole arrangement at corners in line with specifications.
- Trims molding flash from duct, drills bolt holes, and checks finished work for quality.
- Repairs minor defect, such as blisters and bad spots.
- Prepares stencil and marks duct with required information.
- Moves duct to inspection area, and may assist inspector if necessary.
- Folds and ties finished flue duct and places on skid, transfers to shipping area.
- Prepares all style and size expansion joints for shipment to customers: to include visual inspection, checking for size, attachment of retaining rings, marking of containers and preparation of all shipping paperwork using Oracle.
- Maintains order files and on large volume orders, may hold and accumulate items until order is complete.
- Marks identification on container and affixes shipping paperwork
- Operates power lift truck to move heavy test equipment and/or products
- Maintain a storage area of Teflon liners, retaining rings, and returned joints, and keeps an adequate supply of shipping materials.
- Uses various hand and power tools, power lift truck, strapping machine, hyd jacks, and weigh scales to perform regular daily duties including the setup and testing of exp. Jts
Expansion Joint Service Tech
- Cuts materials and prepares cements for building expansion joints.
- Works from job card which specifies style and size of joints required, and from manufacturing specifications showing material requirements.
- Pulls or unrolls fabric and rubber materials onto cutting table. Measures, marks, and cuts material to specified dimensions using board, templates, patterns and scissors.
- May cut flange fillers on clicker press using a die.
- Performs related duties such as the splicing and trimming of pieces, soap stoning stock, arranging pieces on worktable, rolling up liner cloth, and disposal of scrap materials.
- Assists other operators in handling heavy rolls of stock and in pulling stock from roll onto table.
- Places raw material on storage racks in cold room.
- Sets up and operates slitter to slit material to desired widths.
- Labels and stores material in cold room.
- Typical duties performed include: repair forms for manufacture of expansion joints; repair tooling including the air/pneumatic equipment; relocation of metal racks and shelves, performs minor repairs to equipment and machinery.
- Maintains the expansion joint stockroom where a wide variety of forms, plates, materials, general supply items, and tooling are stored and issued in accordance with production requirements.
- Maintains a close surveillance over production and keeps joint builders supplied with materials and tooling.
- Works closely with Production Control, production supervision, and workers in matters pertaining to manufacturing schedules, order priorities, material and tooling shortages, and like matters.
- Supplies expansion joint tooling and materials to builders for the manufacture of expansion joints to customer and company specifications.
- Travels between work centers to determine start and finish of current projects and to establish the needs of builders and duck cutters for materials and/or tooling.
- Inspects all tooling returned from production; welds braises, grinds, smoothes, and refinishes metal forms; and performs other work necessary to recondition tooling and notifies supervisor of items in need of major repair.
- Maintains inventory records on all tooling and supplies and takes a physical inventory periodically.
- Keeps accurate production records.
- Keeps work area clean.
- Performs other jobs as assigned by Supervisor
- Forklift license required
The above statements are intended to describe general nature of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel classified under this job title. JOB SPECIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Proficient in the use of various measuring instruments, work to print and sketch specifications, or verbal instructions required
- Working knowledge of drill presses, band saw, cut off saw, oxy acetylene torch use.
- Able to lift upto 35 pounds -
- Able to Standing, bending, stooping, climbing,
FREQUENCY PER SHIFT: 70 %
REPETITIVE MOTION TASKS: lifting , reaching, pushing, & pulling
DURATION OF SHIFT: 80%
Job Type: Full-time EnPro Industries are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. This specification is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned. Ability to competently perform all the essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or work group are basic requirements of all positions at Garlock.