This job has expired.
Under the direction of a Registered Pharmacist, assists Pharmacists in preparing and distributing medications, maintaining the drug inventory, and maintaining patient records. Provides courteous, cooperative, and timely service to patients, visitors and staff.
Minimum High school education or equivalent.
Preferred Completion of a formal Pharmacy Technician training program; or two years of college with emphasis in math, science, or medical field applications.
Minimum Licensed as a Pharmacy Technician in the State of Michigan.
Preferred Active status as a Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB).
Minimum Two years of pharmacy work experience.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Minimum Good written and verbal communication skills. Good math skills (multiplication, division, addition, subtraction) in calculations involving fractions, decimals, percentages and volumes.
Familiarity with standard desktop and windows based computer system, including email, e-learning, intranet and computer navigation. Ability to use other software required to perform essential functions.
Minimum Repetitive use of hands and fingers (e.g., preparing IV admixtures, use of a computer keyboard). May require lifting and carrying loads up to 40 lbs., including boxes, equipment, unit dose-cassettes,
and IV solutions and stooping or kneeling (e.g., to pick up items from the floor, to remove and replace
items on lower shelves, and to file documents in lower file drawers). Sitting, walking, or standing for long periods of time (4-8 hours) often. Must be able to physically operate the equipment for the job. WORKING CONDITIONS
Potential for exposure to infectious patients and materials. Potential for exposure to hazardous and toxic substances (including
chemotherapy, cytotoxic drugs, and cleaning solutions). Potential for sticks or cuts by needles and other sharp items. Potential for musculoskeletal injuries if proper lifting and carrying techniques are not used.
• Flexibility - Demonstrates exceptional ability and willingness to take on new and additional responsibilities. Embraces new ideas and cultural differences while managing competing priorities.
• Accountability - Willingly accepts personal responsibility for decisions, actions, attitudes and behaviors which contribute to the overall effectiveness of the organization. Communicates effectively, follows through on assignments, uses resources efficiently, participates in learning opportunities and treats others with respect and dignity.
• Excellence - Serves as a role model and performs job responsibilities to the highest standards in every situation. Delivers "Something More" that ensures a more complete and personally satisfying experience for every customer.
• Focus - Understands and demonstrates behaviors consistent with the mission and values of the organization while contributing to the overall success of the strategic plan. All actions are rooted in providing excellent customer service.
• Prepares, packages, and distributes medication orders per physician request, pharmacist request, or prearranged work assignment according to established policies, procedures and protocols.
• Maintains adequate stock of medications and supplies according to established policies and procedures.
• Contributes to effective and quality operation of the department.
• Maintains logs, records, and other required files and documentation; answers telephone and pneumatic tube; and handles cash transactions.
• Prepares IV admixtures and other sterile products.
• Processes medication charges and credits according to established policy.
• Performs basic pharmacy computer order entry.
• Special assignments per addendums listed below.
• Participate in the training, education, precepting, and evaluation of pharmacy students and/or residents as assigned.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Posted about 1 hour ago
Posted about 1 hour ago
Posted about 1 hour ago