This is a Hybrid position within our IT Organization. The role will allow employees to work offsite but will also require onsite work based on business needs. The selected candidate will be expected to commute to the innovation center to which they are assigned as their primary GM facility. Relocation may be provided."
For all external applicants, we are targeting a start date on or after January 10th 2022 for this position.
In recent years, GM Information Technology has successfully executed the largest IT transformation in the history of the automotive industry, fully insourcing what once was a nearly completely outsourced IT function. Today GM IT is a dynamic and fast paced organization that designs, develops and maintains all IT infrastructure, applications and solutions enabling GM's global operations. From designing and building the next generation of electric and other vehicles to developing a world-class GM experience for our dealers and customers, GM IT is driving real change in the most iconic automaker on the planet. Our team delivers unique enterprise-wide IT solutions in cutting-edge technologies such as mobility, telematics, mission-critical business systems, supercomputing, cloud, vehicle engineering and real-time computing. We offer challenging positions for passionate professionals looking to advance their careers and be a part of an IT organization focused on innovation, speed and business value.
The Global Purchasing and Supply Chain IT team provides the technology innovation behind one of the world's largest digital supply chains, with a network of 182 plants, 650 logistics service providers and 3,100 suppliers to build 9 million vehicles and deliver to over 15,000 dealers worldwide. IT integrates the enterprise to make this happen. Our industry-leading team of analysts, developers, engineers, and architects develop, test, and deploy the technology that drives GM.
We are looking for a dynamic, proven software development manager to lead our team in delivering innovative solutions and modernizing our supply chain management applications. This candidate must have a solid background in team and relationship building, a passion for technology, system integration, custom software development, and agile methodologies.
Additional Job Description
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Manage a software development team in the development of supply chain management applications, modernization, system integration, and new application development projects.
- Recruiting/mentoring/coaching/managing individual team members
- Goal setting and performance appraisals
- Aligning team objectives with organization's mission/vision/values
- Leading by example, hands-on approach.
Work closely with the business and PMO to apply a disciplined approach to develop requirements, project plans, budgets, schedules, and risk profiles for information technology projects. Apply the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) development methodology to software/application development projects. Lead the effort to introduce and refine agile approaches within the organization.
- Lead the change - Encourage team members to embrace a lean agile mindset
- Eliminate impediments and roadblocks
- Coach teams and individuals to help them be more effective and productive
Must be detail oriented, a strong communicator with great interpersonal skills, and ability to motivate the team to deliver multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines Must have a strong technology background with the ability to execute a strategic vision, coupled with the ability to explore and recommend new technology and development approaches. Establish strong, positive relationships with internal business stakeholders, and ability to map business processes to technology solutions. Participate in business relationship and implementation planning
To the requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 8+ years of experience developing and supporting enterprise application systems
- 3+ years of people management experience, managing software developers
- 3+ years hands-on system development as a development lead, architect, or lead developer role.
- Experience in software development lifecycle, including budget, planning, requirements management, and test procedures
- Self-starter and quick learner who understands and can adapt to existing software application and computing infrastructures
- A bachelor's degree in a technical discipline or equivalent working experience
- Experience with SAFe methodology is highly desirable
- Experience in a Supply Chain related field a plus
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Benefits Overview
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.