This Software Engineer will participate in the full software development cycle: design, code, test, support. The servo drive software is written in C++ on an embedded platform to perform motion control, read data from a variety of sensors, and communicate on high-speed networks. Kollmorgen servomotor drives are used for high performance motion control in factory automation, medical applications, and robotics.
You will work as a valued member of a collaborative international team of engineers who use Agile Software techniques to make great products together. This position involves writing high quality software for machine control. You will design well structured code to meet customer requirements. You will collaborate with a skilled team of engineers proficient in Agile Software Development, using techniques such as sprints, retrospectives, unit testing, refactoring, and fully automated build & test.
In this position, you collaborate closely and are open-minded to reach the best solution for the team. You are ready to go deep in details when needed to help others solving their issues. You can switch easily between different development tasks and contexts. You take ownership of different tasks and complete them autonomously. You are proactive and collaborate actively with other team members learning how to reach the best output. You are dedicated to continuous improvement and innovation on top of your daily work.
Kollmorgen has several agile software teams based in the USA and Europe. You will interact closely with other teams (FPGA and hardware) located in other locations. Occasional onsite visits will occur 1-2 times per year.
A qualified candidate should have software experience and strong software engineering skills. Interest and willingness to work and contribute within a collaborative team is a must.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design & develop software features to meet customer needs in real-world machines
- Functional specification and code architecture
- Software implementation and unit testing
- Participate in design reviews and code inspections
- Participate in debugging and defect resolution
- Technical product support for software features
Responsibilities will be commensurate with work experience.
Job Requirements Critical Competencies
- Proficiency in C++ or a C-based language
- Proficiency in software quality methodologies
- Able to handle a high level of complexity and multi-tasking
Education and Experience Requirements
- Real-time and/or embedded systems knowledge
- Experience in Agile Software Development
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with industrial motion control. Motion knowledge (motors, drives, PLCs) is highly valuable
- Broad technical interests such as networking protocols, software development methodology, electronics design, motion control, machine design, etc.
- Occasional travel (both domestic & international) may be necessary (
- Must be willing and able to travel by all forms of transportation.
- Bachelor's degree required, software engineering or equivalent degree preferred (CpE, CS, IT, EE)
- 5+ years software development industry experience
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you have a disability and need assistance accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request assistance by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job has expired.