- Monitor the lifecycle of systems by being aware of obsolescence and release dates for the product per the System Development Lifecycle.
- Owns problem management process and ensures resolution to completion, including identifying discrepancies between systems and developing preventative measures for the long term.
- Track issues and errors, documenting resolutions.
- Act as a liaison between the Company and third-party vendors.
- Demonstrate ability to work under stressful situations and display professional demeanor.
- Ensure that documentation is available for both administrators and users.
- Respond to and resolve reported application, data, or tool issues in a timely manner.
- Review a change request and provide an estimate on effort required for completion.
- Identify and resolve application issues using appropriate code languages, toolsets, or configuration processes.
- Ensure changes follow appropriate release management processes.
- Raise awareness of application, tool and data issues and resolutions with the Customer and appropriate IS personnel.
- Create and maintain documentation and abstracts in conformance with standards.
- Maintain knowledge of standards and quality requirements.
- Assist development with analysis and design for new or existing systems.
- Periodically participate in groups/committees related to processes, standards and best practices.
- Maintain and enhance technical abilities through online resources such as manuals, periodicals and white papers.
- Review program specifications for completeness and conformance to quality standards.
- Periodically prepare reports for review by project leader/system supervisor.
- Works with supervision and exercises sufficient discretion and independent judgment.
- Maintain confidentiality of information processed, as appropriate.
- Verifies changes by developing unit test plans, test data and scripts. Also performs desk checks and debugging.
- Conducts performance monitoring and tuning of applications, systems and toolsets.
This position description identifies the responsibilities and tasks typically associated with the performance of the position. Other relevant essential functions may be required. EMPLOYMENT QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION OR EQUIVALENT EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field. Combinations of relevant education, certifications, and experience may be considered in lieu of a degree. Continuous learning, as defined by the Company's learning philosophy, is required. Certification or progress toward certification is highly preferred and encouraged. Microsoft .NET certifications (MCP, MCSD, or MCAD) preferred. EXPERIENCE:
With proper education credentials, 0-2 years relevant experience which provides the necessary skills, knowledge and abilities. SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES (SKA) REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of, and the ability to apply, necessary software programming practices and procedures.
- Ability to apply the principles of independent logical thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to comprehend the consequences of various problem situations and to refer them for appropriate decision making.
- Proficiency in SQL and relational database concepts.
- Ability to design program logic, prepares test data, and test programs.
- Ability to review business requirements and compare to application for possible deviations from customer expectations.
- Excellent triage, troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, establishes work flows, and meets necessary deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively exchange information clearly and concisely, and present ideas, report facts and other information, and respond to questions as appropriate.
- Ability to perform other assignments at locations outside the office.
- Ability to work varying hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays as required.
- Understand the need for, and display, a strong sense of urgency while maintaining a high level of quality.
- Proficiency in Java, .NET or other object-oriented development languages.
- Basic knowledge of Oracle and Microsoft SQL, DDL and DML.
- Experience with development using Oracle Middleware preferred.
- Knowledge on the use of enterprise scheduling and monitoring tools.
- Strong knowledge of OOAD and multi-tier architectures, including MVC/MVP/MVVM design patterns.
- Strong experience with RDBMS (Oracle 10g/11g, MS SQL 2017) including database design, developing stored procedures and functions, and performance tuning. Working experiences with No-SQL databases such as MongoDB, Azure CosmosDB, AWS DynamoDB are a strong plus.
- Demonstrated expertise tuning web applications from top to bottom.
- Development experience using C# or any advanced languages.
- Rest Web Services using Web API.
- NET, user controls, custom controls, and ASP.Net, AJAX.
- OOAD and n-tier architectures (MVC/MVP/MVVM design patterns).
- Agile software process
- Working experiences of test -driven development framework.
- Modern object-oriented programming languages and web services (MS C#/JAVA).
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing business needs.
- Team player who is delivery-oriented and takes responsibility for the team's success.
- Enthusiastic, can-do attitude with the drive to continually learn and improve.
- Highly self-motivated, creative and able to dive deep in problem solving.
Work is performed mainly in an office environment with minimal hazards. Ability to work extended hours as needed. May be exposed to temperatures which may be cooler than a normal office setting. Travel may be required.
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum education, experience, skills, knowledge and ability levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is valued and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. Candidates for the position stated above are hired on an \"at will\" basis. Nothing herein is intended to create a contract.
This job has expired.