Accolade (Nasdaq: ACCD) provides millions of people and their families with an exceptional healthcare experience that is personal, data driven and value based to help every person live their healthiest life. Accolade solutions combine virtual primary care, mental health support and expert medical opinion services with intelligent technology and best-in-class care navigation. Accolade's Personalized Healthcare approach puts humanity back in healthcare by building relationships that connect people and their families to the right care at the right time to improve outcomes, lower costs and deliver consumer satisfaction. Accolade consistently receives consumer satisfaction ratings over 90%. For more information, visit accolade.com.
Accolade 2nd.MD is excited to be expanding our clinical team, and we are looking for Health Information Specialists who are passionate about helping others. The Health Information Specialist will work hand in hand with our clinical nursing team to collect and organize medical records and facilitate world-class healthcare second opinions.
Accolade 2nd.MD is a high-performance, fast-paced environment, requiring the ability to multitask and prioritize. Organizational skills, flexibility, excellent communication skills, and the ability to navigate through multiple technology platforms are required.
Location: Houston, TX (Energy Corridor area)
Reports to: Manager of Health Information Systems
• Coordinate with the Accolade 2nd.MD team (nurses, Accolade 2nd.MD panel of physicians, other Health Information Specialists, etc.) to ensure an exceptionally fast turnaround for 2nd.MD consultations.
• Facilitates timely, complete, and accurate retrieval of requested medical records from all identified providers/facilities.
• Analyze and format medical records and identify medical imaging studies that contribute to each consultation.
• Participates in training less experienced staff.
• Promotes best practices and process improvements.
• Protects confidentiality of personal health and proprietary business information.
• Accurately enter information into a proprietary online platform.
• Strives to meet team/personal qualitative and quantitative monthly and yearly incentives.
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Comfortable with the pressure of deadline-focused work, and also have the self-discipline to create and adhere to self-
• 1+ years of professional experience in a hospital or medical office setting with experience in medical records
• Experience reviewing and/or identifying Oncology and/or Pediatric records
• Innovative, enthusiastic, and professional
• Technology proficient (Apple/MAC)
• Ability to navigate through multiple technology platforms
• Ability to work effectively as an individual and/or team
Additional Information Benefits:
• Performance-based bonuses
• Family Medical Benefits
• 401(k) plan
• Open PTO + 10 Company Holidays
• Wellness Program
• Referral Bonuses
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
• This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as
computers, phones, printers, and filing cabinets.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully
perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to
talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with
hands and arms.
• This is a full-time position in Houston, Texas.
San Antonio, Texas
Posted 34 minutes ago
Posted 18 minutes ago
Posted 18 minutes ago