Faith Technologies, a division of Faith Technologies Incorporated (FTI), is an energy expert and national leader in electrical planning, engineering, design and installation. As a comprehensive authority in the field of electrical and energy services, Faith leads industry change through a dedicated investment in technology, strategic project consulting and process engineering that drives productivity, value, and above all, safety. Through innovative practices, Faith drives trends in growth and development with continual investment in their merit-based employees' skill, leadership and career development.
The Tax Specialist is responsible for the organization's tax functions. The ideal candidate must be proficient in the use of a PC and Microsoft Office Suite, have Viewpoint software experience and have knowledge of sales/use tax process and the ability to effectively research as needed.
Education: Associate Degree in Accounting
Experience: 2 to 4 years of finance and tax experience, specifically in sales/use tax
Work Schedule: This position works between the hours of 7 AM and 5 PM, Monday- Friday. Ability to work a flexible schedule is necessary.
- Performs research on sales & use tax laws and compliance utilizing state & local websites and research tools.
- Maintains accurate tax information on initial job startups and makes updates as tax changes arise.
- Processes new project startups and maintains project master data.
- Assists with the preparation of sales/use tax returns.
- Assists with sales/uses tax audits, if applicable.
- Assists with preparing monthly reconciliations of sales/use tax general ledger accounts.
- Prepares tax exempt certificates.
- Manages annual property tax bills.
- Responsible for business license registration.
- Prepares annual state filings.
- Completes various tax projects, if applicable.
- Obtains tax exemption certificates from customers and maintain exemption certificate listing.
- Handles customers questions regarding sales and use taxes.
- Maintains no tax vendors list and performs self-assessment of taxes on a quarterly basis.
- Creates and maintains tax filing spreadsheets for various states.
- Amends state tax returns as needed.
- Maintains HQ tax code listing with updates and additions as needed.
- Creates posting of sales tax due to the appropriate states on Excellerate transactions.
- Demonstrates the ability to plan for, complete, and implement assignments and responsibilities in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates an acceptance of the company culture (adhere to the company's core values) and an adoption of professional standards.
- Demonstrates approachability and ability to collaborate with others and effectively influence.
- Continuous process improvement of current duties.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
The job description and responsibilities described are intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as a comprehensive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills or abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. SURGE your career forward!
Employees at FTI grow faster because they are a part of a nationally leading team of electrical planners, engineers, designers, electricians, and business professionals.
Your Personal Growth : Build your career path by taking advantage of our industry leading training and leadership development programs.
Leverage Technology : Our virtual design and build programs that offer the latest in robotic total stations, 3D scanning, virtual and augmented reality and drone surveillance and assessment.
Uncompromised Safety : When we see others in our space averaging 2.7 safety rating and ours average .42, you know that we value you and your safety above all else.
We offer competitive, merit-based wages; career path development and flexible and a robust benefits package that boasts everything from paid training, tuition reimbursement and a top-notch wellness program.
We pride ourselves on a "Ground up Growth" mentality that puts you in the spotlight. Becoming a member of the FTI team means you've officially put yourself in the driver's seat of your career. Through our career development and continued education programs, you'll have options to position yourself for success.
FTI is a "Merit to the Core" organization, and we pride ourselves on our ability to reward and recognize top performers.BENEFITS ARE THE GAME CHANGER
FTI enriches the lives of its employees through industry-leading total rewards. Our compensation, benefits, time off, and wellness programs are designed to reward individual results that create team success, improve financial security for our employees and their families, and encourage healthy lifestyles. As an eligible employee*, your programs include:
Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Drug Insurance
Company-Paid Life and Disability Insurance
Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
Award-Winning Wellness Program and Incentives
401(k) Retirement & 401(a) Profit Sharing Plans
Paid Time Off
And so much more!
*Regular/Full-Time Employees are eligible for FTI benefit programs.
We stand strong in our values as we work to Create World-Class Opportunities to Succeed
Uncompromised focus on keeping people SAFE.
Building TRUST in everything we do.
REDEFINING what's possible.
Rewarding individual results that create TEAM SUCCESS.
If you're ready to learn more about growing your career with us, apply today!
FTI is an Affirmative Action Employer/Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
This job has expired.