The Senior Accountant Reporting & Accounting Operations assists the Manager, Reporting & Accounting Operations in performing financial accounting and reporting activities associated with the payroll, treasury, fixed asset, credit card, tax and audit functions. The Senior Accountant will process payroll for the organization in coordination with human resources and will actively participate in the monthly financial close inclusive of account reconciliations, G/L entries, analytical review, personnel reporting and KPI calculations. The Senior Accountant shall also provide support to the Manager in ensuring adherence to all Company principles, policies and procedures regarding accounting, reporting and internal controls.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Responsible for the biweekly Payroll function, recording of related journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Assist/backup the Manager with the month end close, analytics, global reporting, submissions and statutory reporting.
- Responsible for the Treasury function related to cash, wire requests, forecasts, banking and vendor verifications and bank account reconciliations.
- Support personnel reporting and associated analytics
- Responsible for the fixed asset management
- Manage the accounting for benefits, including understanding claims experience and reserving for a self-funded healthcare plan.
- Responsible for the expense reporting system and credit card management.
- Support the annual audit process and complete requests related to the role’s subject matter expertise.
- Handle interaction with third-party tax support toward completion of corporate tax returns, state tax inquires, and tax issues.
- Support the completion of corporate tax returns, state tax inquires, and tax issues.
- Continually seek new methods to streamline, automate, and simplify the company’s accounting processes.
- Perform ad hoc assignments as designated by management.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHO WE ARE:
- Requires BS in Accounting or Finance, and a minimum of 3-5 years accounting experience with a CPA firm or comparable experience in industry. Experience with Payroll, Indirect Tax, and/or Audit preferred.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and financial reporting required.
- CPA preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Great Plains is preferred, or SAP
- Extensive knowledge of accounting and financial statement preparation. Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Must be detail oriented and have a proven ability to organize, analyze, set priorities, and multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated success in working in a team environment supporting accounting, business and customer requirements. A strong commitment to team projects and deadlines is required.
- Advanced PC skills using Microsoft Office products and Adobe Acrobat Pro including: Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Teams, and Internet Explorer.
Alfasigma USA is the local affiliate of the Italian based pharmaceutical company, Alfasigma. Alfasigma is a leading Italian pharmaceutical company focused on prescription drugs, over-the counter (OTC) and nutraceutical products and has a presence in 90 countries.
Alfasigma USA’s main goals are to improve the health and quality of life of patients by finding solutions to treat specific patient populations, expand our existing portfolio and bring new products into the US market. We strive to be a strong healthy company in a strong healthy world.
Alfasigma USA is headquartered in Bedminster, NJ. with a manufacturing plant in Shreveport, LA., a remote mail order pharmacy call center and an established national salesforce. Alfasigma USA, Inc. offers:
Comprehensive Compensation Package:
- Competitive base salary, depends on experience
- Annual bonus potential
Comprehensive Benefits Package:
- Medical, Dental, 401K, Paid Time Off, and Tuition Reimbursement (etc.) are some examples
- New hires are eligible for medical and dental coverage on date of hire.
Alfasigma USA, Inc. and its subsidiary, Brand Direct Health, L.L.C. (collectively the “Company”) is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, religious creed, religious observance, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (cancer and genetic characteristics), disability, military service, military and veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Company. Please email Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
This job has expired.