If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The University of Miami/UHealth Department of Family Medicine and Community Health has an exciting opportunity for a Sr. Administrative Assistant. The Sr. Administrative Assistant performs a variety of clerical functions and office support activities for the assigned department(s) to facilitate the efficient operations of the office.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.Core Qualifications:
- Supports department and/or department leadership with daily clerical tasks.
- Collects, reviews, analyzes complex and/or confidential data and prepares reports, charts, budgets and other presentation materials.
- Responds to or routes non-routine, priority or confidential inquiries from external or internal sources with correspondence or other messaging on behalf of department leadership.
- Plans meetings and takes detailed minutes, as needed.
- Answers phone calls, provides information to callers or connects callers to appropriate staff.
- Schedules appointments and updates calendars.
- Makes travel arrangements and reservations for department leadership and staff, as needed.
- Composes and types correspondence, such as informative materials; creates spreadsheets and presentations.
- Greets and provides general support to visitors.
- Develops and maintains department filing system.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
Department Specific Functions:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
- Provide administrative support for the Chairman. Responsible for the maintaining the folder and correspondence of the Chairman as well as distribution of incoming mail and processing of important documents for signature, compose replies for signature on routine correspondence. Responsible for providing telephone coverage.
- Provide administrative support for the Chairman's medical patients by assisting in follow up, appointment, etc. Assist with daily correspondence whether verbal or written with patients. Responsible for assistance in scheduling patient appointments, knowledge of UChart functions and Coordinate and Supervise appointments for VIP patients.
- Data acquisition and maintenance for the Chairman's numerous leadership roles and administrative and clincal functions, this includes handling sensitive and confidential information reflecting patients' health.
- Responsible for the annual Promotion and Tenure Process for Faculty of the Department in coordination with Faculty Affairs. Responsible for assisting the Faculty Affairs, Chair and Faculty Members with the process, required documents, communications and the department vote.
- Preparation of requisitions, travel, and other related materials in connection with Chairman travel, development of itineraries and agendas. Assist in preparation and typing of material for presentation at conferences, seminars, etc.
- Managing clinical faculty leave requests and the completion of required documents like the PLR and the data maintenance of the paper leave request.
- Responsible for the distribution of the On-Call Schedule to various clinics and administrative divisions and is the point of contact for outside answering service.
- Assist the Chairman with the recruitment of Faculty and Staff Providers by scheduling interview day, correspondence with candidates with travel and other interview related activities, distribution of agenda and supporting documents. Responsible for pre-hire Faculty Affairs hiring paperwork and post hire Faculty Affairs paperwork. Assist with OnBoarding and OffBoarding of Faculty and Staff Providers.
- Responsible for the Credentialing and Privileging activities for the Faculty and Staff Providers for new hires and reappointments.
- Responsible for the Voluntary Faculty appointment and reappointment process and paperwork for the Department in collaboration with Faculty Affairs and the candidates.
- Manages office service activities such as reception, telephone, mail, fax, copying, and equipment and the purchasing, receiving and storing of office supplies. Responsible for entering purchase requisitions, and expense reports in Workday for Chair and Vice Chair Administration.
- Act as the United Way Ambassador for the Department.
- Other duties as assigned
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type:
This job has expired.