The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
A Healthcare Company is seeking a Sr. Azure .Net Developer in Richmond, VA.
This Senior .NET Developer - Azure position is specifically focused on creating patterns / developing on Azure while also assisting other Software Engineering teams in giving prototypes and examples to empower and influence their development on projects to meet our goals around moving to a Modular Microservice Architecture.
Technical analysis, database design, prototyping, coding and unit testing of applications with high quality deliverables. Assist with application architecture design. Responsible for writing technical documentation as necessary by the company Development Methodology and Standards. Responsible for the security, quality, and performance of developed applications. Apply and acquire business and product knowledge in the performance of assigned projects. Provide direct input into the on-going improvement of standards and processes. Incorporate innovative ideas and approaches to the software development team.
• Specifically focused on creating patterns/ developing on Azure while also assisting other SE teams in giving prototypes and examples to empower and influence their development on projects to meet our goals around moving to a Modular Microservice Architecture.
• Write application and database code based on business requirements or user stories, architecture requirements, and established coding standards.
• Validate code against business and architectural requirements.
• Create and test prototypes.
• Perform application unit testing.
• Participate in peer code reviews.
• Troubleshoot applications and resolve defects.
• Participate in the review of business epics and stories.
• Work within an agile framework.
• Prioritize and execute tasks.
• Communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
• Update and maintain product documentation.
• Escalate issues and impediments in a timely manner.
• Work within established framework and processes.
• Provide constructive feedback to team members at all levels of the organization.
• Participate/Lead Development COPs.
• Design, build, and test applications and database solutions.
• Assist the release engineer with implementation plans.
• Provide on call support as needed.
• Utilize skills in data analysis, data verification, and problem solving.
• Provide accurate breakdown tasks and estimates for coding and development unit testing efforts.
• Mentor team members.
• Assist with technical interviews and talent recruitment.
• Lead Software Engineering COPs and research committees.
• Prepare and conduct technical specification reviews.
• Provide Technical Training to team.
• Introduce new approaches to software development.
• Assist to define and implement coding and technology standards.
• Lead research and prototyping of new or challenging technologies.
• Participate in corporate efforts, activities, and events.
• Enforce best practices within team.
• Other duties as directed.
Skills & Requirements
• 5+ years software development experience (Must have extensive knowledge and capability in software design and development principles)
• Azure Cloud Development (experience in creating Azure Design Patterns)
• API/REST development
• Extensive knowledge in relational database design
• Understands Agile methodology.
• Configuration management skills.
• 4-year degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the Information Technology industry and market trends . Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there's a position you really want, you're fully prepared to get it.
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information.