Sr. Manager, Facilities, Compliance, Safety, and Emergency Management
Are you passionate about making a difference in people's lives? Are you motivated to learn and connect people with cutting edge technology? Do you go the extra mile to provide customer delight? Then you should join the Hargray team!
The Company: For over 70 years, Hargray has been connecting customers and the world, growing from a local phone company to an industry leader providing residential, business, enterprise, and carrier wholesale communications services. Our mission is to envision and deliver customer delight. In addition to our long history of dedication and commitment to our community, we offer benefits for your health, wealth, protection, well-being, time, and more. Our team of over 800 colleagues supporting local markets throughout the southeast is committed to excellence, delivering the most advanced technology and the best service for our customers.
General Description of Position:
As the Sr. Manager, Facilities, Compliance, Safety, and Emergency Management you will be partnering with leadership and colleagues to grow, and sustain a culture of operational excellence and zero harm (managing risk, so no injuries or harm to employees, property, environment, community, shareholder, and customers occur while doing the work). Also, you will be strategically managing all aspects of the organization's existing facilities and setting up operations of new facilities in growth markets in a way that supports employees with required materials, and workspace to perform BAU assignments optimally in a safe environment without the distraction of a facility concern.
You will also serve as a subject matter expert when it comes to creating the policies around legal compliance to protect company resources and work closely with Human Resources to document them and foster a positive work environment and a great place to work.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Promote a safe workplace through systemic and proactive safety practices and processes
- Oversees and ensures continuous care and maintenance of 180+ company-owned and leased buildings and property
- Strategically plans, schedules, and manages facility modifications and construction, including cost estimates, and performs audits to support facility planning.
- Plan, organize and control all activities of the Compliance/Safety function. Participate in developing the strategic purpose, goals, objectives, and systems.
- Maintain and develop security measures such as key cards and cameras for company facilities
- Manage workers compensation program including case management maintaining on-going and regular communication with management and colleagues
- Oversees and makes sure that the maintenance and routine repairs work is complete (including plumbing, electrical, landscape, hardscape, physical plant, and mechanical)
- Oversees the coordination of building space allocation and layout, facility expansion, and maintenance.
- Ensure the organization is compliant with OSHA standards and other reporting requirements
- Support and ensure compliance with Company policies and procedures and local, state, and federal regulatory agencies
- Manage compliance and safety training programs
- Prepares and delivers operations presentations and reports as necessary
- Recommends, approves, and monitors budget, expenditures, and appropriations for the departments
- Manages and oversees all facilities OPEX and CAPEX expenditures
- Conduct accident investigations; work with adjusters on vehicle accident claims.
- Develop meaningful performance measurements for both short- and long-term Safety and Compliance measures
- Conduct an annual review of the Employee Handbook and update as needed
- Manage new hire background check and pre-employment drug testing program and random drug and alcohol testing program
- Responsible for managing annual program for motor vehicle record checking to stay compliant with company policies, state laws, and DOT standards
- Ensure CDL compliance
- Work with management and colleagues to secure relevant re-entry passes annually.
- Organize, maintain and manage Emergency Management Program (EMP) and serve as a point of contact in times of crisis including, but not limited to preparation and management of voluntary and mandatory hurricane evacuations as well as recovery efforts
- Organize and maintain communications with relevant organizations and governmental entities in the coordination of emergency planning and disaster recovery efforts
- Responsible for the management, repair, and operation of the Hirsch Access Control System, and the issuance and management of Bexar County ID badges
- Manage Nixle colleague notification program and spearhead other internal communications during emergency planning and disaster recovery periods
- Perform other related duties as assigned