If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The Department of Public Health Sciences is currently seeking a temporary Senior Manager, Sponsored Programs. The Senior Manager, Sponsored Programs directs and oversees all administrative and financial aspects of the Sponsored Programs division at the assigned facilities. The Senior Manager, Sponsored Programs operates with the goals of increasing sponsored funding levels and the output of funding proposal, as well as maximizing the use and efficacy of existing research funding dollars. Further, the incumbent develops and implements policies and methods that further these goals.
Core Job Functions:
1. Identifies potential donors or sources of funding and plans outreach strategies.
2. Participates in the development of grants applications and proposals.
3. Schedules and oversees planning for special events that publicize the organization and its programs to the community.
4. Trains, mentors, and supervises sponsored programs staff members, and prepares performance reports.
5. Negotiates contractual provisions with potential partners.
6. Develops and provides reports or documentation needed to secure and maintain funding and grants.
7. Ensures that grants and contracts adhere to organizational standards.
8. Acts as department expert and primary point of contact on funding issues and disputes.
9. Establishes and continuously assesses the effectiveness of the internal controls within the unit and compliance with University policies and procedures. Ensures employees are trained on controls within the function and on University policy and procedures.
This individual will be assisting new and current staff with training and development.
• Identify problem areas, formulate alternative solutions and make recommendations for a wide variety of financial and administrative issues to streamline process for the grants and contracts program office
• Identify training needs and develop appropriate training plans for the grants and contracts programs office on awards management processes
• Support staff management and of the grants and contracts programs office, including assistance with interviewing and hiring and workload review and management.
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
Posted about 10 hours ago
Posted about 10 hours ago
Posted about 6 hours ago