Sr Research Program Manager
The Department of Health Policy and Management, at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health in Baltimore, Maryland is seeking a Sr Research Program Manager for the Johns Hopkins Center for Injury Research and Policy (JHCIRP). JHCIRP is a collaborative of injury prevention experts who conduct innovative research, teach today's practitioners and tomorrow's leaders, and translate discoveries into effective solutions to the devastating and costly problem of injuries in our society.
The Senior Research Program Manager will report directly to the primary investigator for the two projects they oversee. The research program manager will be responsible for overseeing a of portfolio research which aims to understand the implementation and impacts of Extreme Risk Prevention Orders (ERPO) on firearm violence.
The Senior Research Program Manager will also support a research project aimed at understanding the implementation of risk reduction approaches to address the misuse of opioid medications in tribal communities in partnership with the Indian Health Service. The successful candidate will report to the principal investigator of this project.
We are seeking a highly skilled professional with strong attention to strategy, implementation, deadlines, and goals. The successful candidate will be committed to helping the primary investigator stay on schedule and coordinated across an array of projects to support a portfolio of work to address injury and violence prevention in the United States.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee multiple activities, ensuring the research goals and objectives are reached across multiple projects.
- Support leadership in planning, including scoping projects, defining deliverables, developing work plans, and setting budgets across a portfolio of projects.
- Generate progress reports for funders.
- Draft and oversee IRB applications and reports.
- Responsible for the oversight and direction of multiple study projects. Including the Development, implementation, and maintenance of a system for organizing and tracking a portfolio of research projects and activities.
- Direct data collection and analysis activities
- In collaboration with the PI, set direction for large and complex projects within a large program.
- Fiscal responsibility over the program, including budget drafting and management.
- Participate in scientific discussions with PI and other funding organizations.
- Collaborate with PI in submitting grant and IRB applications.
- Communications Associate (1, direct report)
- Senior Research Program Coordinator II (2, 1 direct report and 1 indirect report)
- Administrative assistant who supports Center Director (1 indirect report)
- Student Research Assistant (2, direct reports)
- Master's Degree or PhD in related discipline.
- Eight years related experience including significant experience in field conducting large research projects.
- Experience in academic, public or non-profit environments providing project and/or program management preferred.
- Experience with grants management and administration.
- Experience with using management tools such as Microsoft Project for monitoring the progress of large & complex projects.
- Team-oriented approach and ability to cultivate positive and collegial workplace relationships.
- Dependability and attention to detail.
- Organized and ability to keep a busy team on track with project deliverables.
Classified Title: Sr Research Program Manager
Starting Salary Range: Min $62,780 - Max $110,010 Annually ($85,000 budgeted; Commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: Monday to Friday: 9 am - 5 pm
Exempt Status: Exempt
Department name: Health Policy & Management - Injury
Personnel area: School of Public Health
The referenced salary range is based on Johns Hopkins University's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level. Johns Hopkins offers a total rewards package that supports our employees' health, life, career and retirement. More information can be found here: https://hr.jhu.edu/benefits-worklife/
Please refer to the job description above to see which forms of equivalency are permitted for this position. If permitted, equivalencies will follow these guidelines:
JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
**Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check. Johns Hopkins is committed to hiring individuals with a justice-involved background, consistent with applicable policies and current practice. A prior criminal history does not automatically preclude candidates from employment at Johns Hopkins University. In accordance with applicable law, the university will review, on an individual basis, the date of a candidate's conviction, the nature of the conviction and how the conviction relates to an essential job-related qualification or function.
The Johns Hopkins University values diversity, equity and inclusion and advances these through our key strategic framework, the JHU Roadmap on Diversity and Inclusion.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
EEO is the Law
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office at email@example.com. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711. For more information about workplace accommodations or accessibility at Johns Hopkins University, please visit accessibility.jhu.edu.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/ and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/.
The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
To apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Sr-Research-Program-Manager-MD-21205/1035713400/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-c20cacbcfb962f4aad642f5b5bc29970
This job has expired.