Why you'll love Softchoice:
We are a technology company that equips organizations to be agile and innovative, and for their people to be productive, creative and happier at work. That means moving them to the cloud, helping them build the workplace of tomorrow, and enabling them to make smarter decisions about their technology portfolio. By doing these things, we create success faster and in circumstances otherwise not possible.
We stand proudly for our people and support their success through career development and advancement. We are recognized and respected for our culture of inclusion and belonging, continuously striving to do what's good for our people and communities.
The impact you will have:
Softchoice's mission is simple: to help organizations use technology to become more productive, more competitive and ultimately, more successful. We want to ease the complexities of technology and provide the resources to push the boundaries of what IT can do for the more than 14,000 businesses we serve across North America.
As a Senior Technical Architect, you will help customers achieve their Digital & Hybrid IT. transformation goals by aligning and enabling a VMware Software Defined Datacenter strategy. You will help create and fully support opportunities and will be at the forefront of transformation.
This role can work remotely from any location in Canada or the US.
What you'll do:
What you'll bring to the table:
- Provide Pre-Sales Support to the sales organization and our customers across Canada and the US.
- Architect and position VMware solutions, specifically around VMware Cloud (VMC) and VMware Cloud Foundations (VMCF).
- Act as an SME for VMC and VMCF solutions and partner with internal Public Cloud SMEs on co-selling opportunities.
- Be the source of knowledge for VMWare pricing programs/buying vehicles, such as ELA, bid pricing policies and procedures, product promotions and deal registration.
- Perform pipeline management activities and manage, track and forecast sales opportunity pipelines.
- Analyze sales participation and proactively suggest opportunities for improvement.
- Proactively suggest and create new sales tools to increase product awareness.
- Leverage sales communication vehicles such as Playbooks, internal portals and newsletters to ensure VMWare messaging is included and relevant.
- Maintain up to date VMWare sales and technical certifications and attend VMWare, Datacenter and Softchoice meetings, trainings, and events where required.
- Travel to customer sites as required (within Canada and the US).
Why people love working here:
- A minimum of 5 years direct sales or pre-sales experience in the technology industry with strong focus on Virtualization.
- Possess a high degree of VMware portfolio knowledge including VMware Cloud (VMC) and VMware Cloud Foundations (VMCF).
- Technical Certifications from VMWare. Please include a list of current and previously held VMWare certifications with your application.
- Experience with VMware Cloud on AWS considered a strong asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills and previous experience presenting to large groups.
- Experience working with a technology reseller preferred.
- Valid Passport and ability to travel to customer sites in Canada and the US.
- University Degree or College Diploma preferred.
Inclusion & equal opportunity employment:
- Softchoice has been recognized as a Best Workplace in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute for 16 consecutive years.
- Softchoice has been certified as a Great Place to Work in the United States for several years.
- We offer meaningful work and opportunities for career growth.
- Our team members have 2 paid volunteer days per year to give back to a cause of their choice.
- We offer an opportunity to build a career in the technology industry.
- We have raised over $3 million through Softchoice Cares, our grassroots fundraising organization.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, inclusion & belonging
. People seeking employment at Softchoice are considered without regard to any protected category including but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.Require an accommodation? We are ready to help:
We are proud to provide interview and employment accommodation
during the recruitment and hiring process. If you require any accommodation to apply or interview for a position, please reach out directly to email@example.com. We are committed to work with you to best meet your needs.Our commitment to your experience:
We are committed to the safety of all candidates and team members. With that in mind, we have implemented virtual interviewing for everyone. We understand that you may need to interview with distractions around you (such as children or furry friends) and we will most likely be doing the same.
Before you start with us, we will conduct a criminal record check, verify your education and check your references.:
When you join Softchoice, we will onboard you remotely. Don't worry. It's quick, simple and you'll be connected with your new team in no time.
#LI-KM1Nearest Major Market:
Apply now "
This job has expired.