The main goal and function of a Staff Accountant is to support the Regional Finance group by ensuring timely and accurate reporting of the financials and providing analysis that benefits Leadership in decision-making.
Your goals. Your ambitions. Your definition of success. At MMA, we believe nothing should stand in your way of making these a reality. As an MMA colleague, you'll get personal and professional development opportunities, a driven and entrepreneurial team-oriented environment, and leaders at all levels who are committed to maintaining high levels of colleague engagement.
As a part of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world's leading professional services firm in risk, strategy, and people, MMA colleagues are part of a network of resources and expertise that sets our organization apart from the competition.
We will count on you to:
What you need to have:
- Prepare disbursements, billing, and administrative system accounting reports and/or consolidated statements. Analyze and maintain accounts.
- Prepare and analyze various accounting reports including variances, disbursement, billing, and statements; ensure timely and accurate processing.
- Audit Account Receivables adjustments.
- Prepare and enter all journal entries.
- Analyze and enter intercompany settlements including corporate and regional.
- Ensure expenses are recorded timely and accurately in the GL.
- Ensure compliance with corporate policies, SOX procedures, SSAE16 procedures, tax regulations, local & US GAAP and local statutory regulations (as applicable) regarding financial matters.
- Assist with the development, implementation and documentation of internal and external accounting and operating policies, procedures and process improvements for general accounting functions.
- Partner with team members to develop process efficiencies
What can you expect?
- Bachelor's Degree with major or concentration in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 1-3 years of Finance or Accounting experience
- Intermediate to Advanced proficiency with Excel
What makes you stand out:
- In this role, you will be a key member of the team, providing support to the Regional Accounting group while also collaborating with the Regional Finance Manager and CFO to provide beneficial information for use in Leadership's decision-making.
- A fast-paced environment working with and providing support to stakeholders across multiple offices - no day will be the same. We have over 20 locations in AL, FL, GA, KY and TN and operate with an open door for communication to our 750+ colleagues.
- At MMA Southeast we don't simply work together; we challenge each other to push further, think smarter, and love what we're doing.
What is in it for you?
- Proactive / Self-starter (takes initiative)
- Ability to research/resolve issues independently
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Team player
- Detail oriented and organized
- Ability to effectively multi-task and handle interruptions in work flow.
Marsh & McLennan Agency offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including:
- Medical, dental, vision insurance coverage
- 401K and company match program
- Company-paid life and disability
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Generous paid time off programs
- Paid parental leave
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Volunteer paid time off (VTO)
- Career mobility
- Pet insurance
- Tuition assistance
- Employee networking groups
- Continuing education and training opportunities
MMA encourages all its colleagues to pursue dreams without limits. We promote curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking and take risks on new ideas. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. We are always seeking those with ethics, talent, and ambition who are interested in joining our client-focused teams.
We further believe a business culture that supports a healthy, safe work environment does so by offering the right benefits, programs, policies and opportunities to keep colleagues engaged and productive including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. Our organization is no exception. MMA was named a 2021 Top Workplace for cultural excellence in the areas of professional development, DE&I practices, and employee well-being.'Marsh McLennan and its Affiliates are EOEMinority/Female/Disability/Vet/SexualOrientation/Gender Identity employers.
At MMA, your future is limitless. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://marshmma.com/careers.
This job has expired.