Job ID: 449159
Oldcastle APG, a CRH company, is a leading global supplier of building and landscaping products. Its product portfolio includes hardscapes and masonry, packaged cement mixes, lawn and garden materials, and composite decking sold through a variety of channels for residential and commercial use. Oldcastle APG is the leading producer of hardscapes in North America and Europe and the innovator behind many of the industry's well-known brands: Belgard hardscapes, Echelon masonry, Sakrete bagged dry mixes, and MoistureShield composite decking. With over 260 operating locations and approximately 8,500 employees, Oldcastle APG operates across 7 countries in the U.S., Canada, and Europe.
The Store Manager will be responsible for helping to manage our retail store in Houston in selling specific, related or general lines of products manufactured by the company. You'll put your creativity to work with sales promotions, merchandising and pricing policies. The Store Manager will be responsible for supervising employees engaged in sales work, taking of inventories, reconciling cash with sales receipts, keeping operating records, or preparing daily record of transactions for accountant.
- Maintain safety and assist with training; schedule regular safety meeting
- Plans and prepares work schedules and assigns employee to specific duties.
- Ensures compliance of employees with established security, sales, and recordkeeping procedures and practices.
- Develop, implement and maintain inventory control
- Maintain inventory stock levels to keep turns high and avoid high obsolete inventory levels
- Ensure that we offer quality products that meet or exceed customer expectations
- Monitor, coordinate, assist, and facilitate with physical inventory counts
- Ensure that all controls for SOX compliance are in place and performed on a daily basis
- Review expenses and costs for profitability of store operations.
- Review monthly budget and work closely with sales team to meet sales goals
- Coordinates sales promotion activities.
- Directs workers preparing merchandise displays and advertising.
- Orders merchandise or prepares requisitions to replenish merchandise on hand.
- Develop or revise standard operational working practices
- Coach, train, mentor employees on the safe and efficient method of operating store equipment
- Effectively lead employees
- Ensure that we provide a great place to work that is safe and clean.
- Help resolve customer problems or complaints
- Understand the operations of the plant and equipment
- Preventative and predictive maintenance programs for all equipment
- Monitor company commercial trucks and drivers in accordance with DOT, FMCSA, and company policies
- Attend and participate in meetings, seminars and training sessions as required
- Analyze and resolve work problems
- Locks and secures store and yard.
- Previous managerial/supervisory experience
- Previous related experience or training in retail sales environment or related functions.
- Proven customer service skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with customer, employees and company management.
What CRH Offers You
- Prior experience in managing in a retail and/or manufacturing environment
- Experience in the building materials industry is preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish is strongly preferred
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Oldcastle APG, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Aug 26, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
Houston Job Segment:
This job has expired.