Dexcom, Inc. empowers people to take control of diabetes through innovative continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) systems. Headquartered in San Diego, California, Dexcom has emerged as a leader of diabetes care technology. By listening to the needs of users, caregivers, and providers, Dexcom simplifies and improves diabetes management around the world.
Supervises a major work unit within the manufacturing group to produce specific quantity and quality of Dexcom products.
Functional Description: Management
Directs the development and implementation of activities in production area(s) to meet production goals, quality, and cost objectives. Prioritizes production schedules based on product introduction, equipment efficiency, and materials supply. Plans and administers procedures and budgets. Makes budgetary recommendations and at higher levels, controls capital expenditures and direct/indirect labor. Develops schedules and manpower requirements for assigned areas. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Strong knowledge of technical and functional principles and ability to teach others.
- Understands company's mission and strategies.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives with goals and the process by which to meet goals.
- Provides direction to others according to established policies and management guidance.
- Administers company policies that directly affect team members / supporting employees.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Networks with senior internal and external colleagues in own area of expertise.
- Works on issues where analysis of situation or data requires review of relevant factors.
- Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve results will cause delays in schedules / work products.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Provides direct supervision to individual contributors and/or support individual contributors/matrix reports.
- Acts as advisor to unit or sub-units and may become actively involved, as required, to meet schedules and resolve problems.
- People management responsibilities include hiring / terminations, performance reviews, career development coaching and compensation decisions.
- Typically requires a Bachelor's degree with 5-8 years of industry experience.
- Informal management/ team lead experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Workplace Type for this role is Non Desk. Based on the nature of your position you will be working onsite in your assigned work area. You will have space onsite for your personal items, but will not have an assigned desk. You should plan to be onsite based on your current shift schedule.
Travel Required: Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Responsible for executing to agreed upon production plan and yields within their area of production.
- Oversees training and complete training records for all manufacturing personnel.
- Regularly monitors the accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of manufacturing processes.
- May act as the back up to the Manufacturing Manager as required.
- Supervises the maintenance of personnel records and timesheets for staff.
- Supports the manufacturing lines to solve issues related with manufacturing processes, equipment, materials, etc.
- Develops schedules and manpower requirements for assigned areas.
- Acts as liaison between manufacturing, R&D, and engineering to get engineering requests processed correctly and in a timely manner.
- Accountable for assisting with the efficient, safe and cost-effective operation of the department; for advising and making recommendations to the Manufacturing Manager with respect to these activities.
- Coordinates with various groups such as quality and engineering to analyze product failure data and test results in order to determine causes of problems and develop solutions.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Directly supervises employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this area. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.Language Skills:
Must be able to communicate effectively in English. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to perform the following Physical Activity: Standing, walking, sitting, using hands, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk or hear, taste or smell. May be required to lift 0 lbs. to over 100 lbs. Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be exposed to the following environmental conditions: Wet or humid conditions, work near moving parts, work in high - precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outdoor weather conditions, extreme heat (non-weather), extreme cold (non-weather), risk of electric shock, work with explosives, risk of radiation, vibration. The noise level in this work environment can range from quiet to very loud.Please note:
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The duties and responsibilities in this job description may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Dexcom Talent Acquisition at email@example.com.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
View the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Non Discrimination Provision at this link.
This job has expired.