Job Title: Systems Administrator -Senior / IT Support Specialist-3917
Job Location: Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, HI 96853
Galapagos Federal Systems LLC is looking for an enthusiastic, well-qualified individual to fill the Systems Administrator Senior / IT Support Specialist position and to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. Under direct supervision, the IT Support Specialist performs general maintenance tasks, troubleshoots, and repairs computer systems and peripheral equipment.
The top candidate will promote a positive public image and exhibit highly self-motivated, punctual, goal driven, and task-oriented traits and communicate well both verbally and in writing.
Skills / Experience Required
Education / Certifications
- Follows manufacturer's specifications for power and installation to protect equipment, install an uninterruptible power supply (UPS) with each PC and server, and ensure proper connectivity
- Troubleshoots common access card issues
- Sanitizes or destroys IT equipment and media prior to disposal or reuse IAW security regulations and policies
- Configures, operates, monitors, secures, and sustains all internal network devices
- Maintains rack space assigned to the equipment and ensures connectivity to the LAN
- Repairs or replaces any defective cabling in the network
- Installs, removes, relocates, and maintains existing horizontal and vertical cable infrastructure, to include cabling on wall drop boxes, equipment racks, cable trays, rack mounted UPS, switches, routers, and servers
- Provides internal hardware and software accountability support to the logistics section
- Assembles, installs, disassembles, uninstalls, and moves IT and electronic equipment in offices and common-use areas
- Provides a technical evaluation on the characteristics of printers, multifunction printers, scanners, and facsimiles for possible acquisition; and, when acquired, integrates on the network
- Sets up, issues, and installs telephones, STEs, and related equipment Operates, monitors, sustains, and secures the AV display system to include TV, audio visual wall screen, other display screens (such as LCD or Plasma), tools display, and all related network, phone, and peripheral equipment
- Provides technical configuration and recommendations for enhancements or improvements
- Ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Capable of conveying complex information in a simplistic manner
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong self-starter requiring minimal supervision
- Able to take proactive measures to prevent problems rather than reactive by nature
- Strong verbal and written communication to effectively express concepts, plans, and proposals
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, Information Technology, or related discipline
- Relevant work experience and training may be considered in lieu of a degree, similar to the Office of Personnel Management's (OPM) Crediting Combinations of Education and Experience standard
- 3-8 years demonstrated/practical experience of support service of all components of PC/Servers/Networks/Hardware, wireless networking, hardware/software installation, testing, and operations
- Strong experience performing basic networking tasks, troubleshooting and working creatively to resolve identified problems
- Employee must possess and maintain IA computing environment certifications and access levels in accordance with DoD Directives (DoDD) 8140/8570.01-M
Must be a U.S. Citizen. A high-level Department of Defense (DoD) active security clearance may be required. Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to government information. Physical Requirements
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time and typing and reading from a computer screen. Must have enough mobility, including bending, reaching, and kneeling, to complete daily duties in a prompt and efficient manner and may include lifting thirty (30) pounds, as necessary. Company Summary
Headquartered in Hawaii, Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is an SBA Certified NHO (Native Hawaiian Organization) 8(a) Small Business specializing in global information technology and offering professional solutions in IT Design & Installation, Cybersecurity Engineering & Support, Application Integration & Development, Software & Hardware Engineering, Network & Systems Management, Information Systems Security, and Business Management Services.
Leveraging over 30 years of providing IT services to the federal & commercial market with projects found around the world, our team has innovative expertise in the development of a wide range of technological solutions. Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Our service commitment is simple - "Quality IT Solutions... On Time & On Budget." Company Employment Statement
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing as positions, functions, and qualifications may vary depending on business needs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, creed, religion, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status or legally protected characteristics.
This job has expired.