Any qualified individual with a disability who is having difficulty in completing an application because of incompatible technology or other disability-related application issues may contact us at the following phone number for assistance: 251-445-1932.
Austal shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. Austal's commitment to equal employment opportunity applies at all levels of employment, in all job titles, including the executive level, and to all employment actions, including but not limited to decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, training, and promotion.
REPORTS TO: Director of Human Resources
SUPERVISES: Talent Acquisition Department
AUTHORITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Lead with a culture based on people and processes.
• You will be an integral part of the Talent Acquisition team, working closely with recruiters, hiring managers, and candidates as you lead the recruiting process of a portion of our business by attracting and selecting candidates in a high-volume, fast-paced recruitment environment.
• Support Senior Manager of Training and Organizational Development Manager to assess current and future business needs and develop strategic staffing plans to meet company objectives.
• Create and maintain effective communication channels with hiring managers and business leadership to 1) timely relay the status of recruitment activities; and 2) educate on best practices in sourcing, legal requirements, interviewing skills, developmental programs, and other related topics.
• You will drive strategies to ensure a pool of highly qualified candidates, anticipating and fulfilling hiring needs and expectations for leaders.
• Identify appropriate steps for internal moves, including programs for career succession planning, development planning, job rotations, cross-training, etc.
• In collaboration with Marketing, maintain Austal USA's career site and, by extension, Austal USA's employment brand. Ensure that it accurately reflects the company's employment brand and culture and maximizes conversion of visitors to interested candidates. Ensure accurate and meaningful job and candidate profiles that attract the right talent and establish clear expectations.
• Conduct ongoing evaluation of systems and processes to ensure quality and integrity of data to support fluid talent pipeline.
• Develop scalable recruiting processes that meet the high-volume recruiting goals most efficiently and effectively. Use data analysis to proactively drive reporting and measurement of key performance indicators - cost, speed to hire, and new hire retention.
• Manage Applicant Tracking System (ATS); work directly with the vendor for process improvements and system upgrades, as well as the critical point of contact for the internal HR team on training and troubleshooting usage questions.
• Develop and execute the company's diversity recruitment strategy and goals to deliver upon crucial compliance objectives in areas of OFCCP, FCRA, EEO, etc.;
• Develop relationships with colleges, universities, and professional organizations to ensure an open pipeline of diverse, experienced candidates.
• Identify and escalate training needs of talent acquisition staff on programs and procedures to comply with non-discriminatory practices and ensure company awareness and compliance.
• Support the affirmative action team to complete timely submissions of the affirmative action plan. Implement routine audits of the administrative
recruitment process, ensuring proper documentation in compliance with regulatory requirements.
• Build good working relationships with recruitment agencies and contract staffing companies
• Responsible for the adequate performance management and development of recruitment staff.
• Additional responsibilities as assigned by management.
• Act as a compliance champion for the organization and work to promote a
culture of compliance throughout the organization.
• Support business unit Tier 1 Compliance Lead in responsibilities as required.
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's degree in Business, HR, Organizational Development, or related field required.
• 4 - 6 years' progressive recruitment experience in a high-volume, fast-paced environment with varied business objectives and shifting recruiting priorities.
• 2 - 4 years' leadership experience preferred.
• Demonstrated working experience in HR, beyond recruitment, preferred.
• Proven track record for hiring results; demonstrated success in developing and maintaining professional contacts.
• Possess a strong process orientation and demonstrated experience in a quality improvement corporate staffing and recruitment environment.
• Solid project management skills, including prioritizing, coordinating resources, effectively delegating tasks, adhering to timelines, and delivering desired results while multi-tasking.
• Must maintain the strictest level of confidentiality,
• Possess and practice exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to manage internal customer relationships effectively.
• Possess strong negotiation skills.
• Knowledgeable in and able to apply constructs of various Federal, State, and Local employment laws and regulations.
• Knowledgeable of the functions and capabilities of an applicant tracking system (ATS) and Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS);
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products with solid experience with Excel preferred.
• Exposure to the process of developing an employment brand with experience ensuring that this message is consistent across the organization is preferred.
• PHR and/or SPHR preferred.
DIRECTION EXERCISED: Full discretionary authority to assign work to recruitment staff. Works independently to deliver work products against aggressive deadlines. Escalates complex issues to the Director of Human Resources as appropriate.
DISCRETION EXERCISED: Incumbents are expected to work with creativity and latitude while navigating through ambiguous situations to meet goals and objectives. It relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
LIAISES WITH: Employees and management at all stratum levels across the organization, including vendors, contractors, and consultants-interface with the Senior Manager of Training and Organizational Development.
• Candidates must meet the following employment eligibility guidelines to be considered for employment with Austal USA:
o 18 years of age or older at the time of application.
o Able to provide proof of US Person Status
o No felony convictions of Theft/Deception or Violent crimes within
o seven years from the disposition date
o No felony convictions of Drug crimes within three years from
o disposition date
o Willing to submit to a drug screen
o Willing to submit a background check
o Able to travel up to 15% of the time as needed
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be able to tour all vessels and work sites.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand and walk.
Specific physical requirements include the following:
1. Ability to utilize personal protective equipment (hard hat, safety glasses, steel-toes
shoes, goggles, respirator, safety harness, safety line, flotation gear, etc.) safely
per OSHA standards.
2. Ability to withstand cold and hot temperatures.
3. Able to respond to verbal and audible sounds/commands.
4. Able to utilize adequate visual skills.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee occasionally encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to humid conditions, bright flashing lights, moving mechanical parts, outside weather conditions, and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles at or below the PEL, toxic or caustic chemicals, and heat and cold. The noise level in portions the work environment is usually very loud, + 90 dB.
Must comply with company, federal, state, and local safety and environmental rules and regulations while performing daily job tasks.
*By registering with our site, you agree to our
Posted 9 minutes ago
Posted 7 minutes ago
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Posted 2 minutes ago