Tax Director - Product A well-established insurance company is looking for a Tax Director. If you are a Tax Director with experience in tax compliance and tax law for annuities and life insurance products and are looking for a challenge, this role is for you.
What You Will Be Doing - Monitors tax law changes and assists in developing plans to respond to changes that impact policyowner reporting requirements.
- Reviews product related materials concerning tax-related items for accuracy.
- Designs and implements new products or changes to existing products for compliance with product tax laws.
- Establishes and maintains strong working relationships with executives and colleagues across the organization.
- Manages and develops the Policyholder Tax team.
- Manages responses to requests (both written and verbal) from policyholders, agents, associates and government entities concerning policyholder tax information.
- Coordinates with Legal department on product tax legal issues.
- Manages the process of preparing various tax form mailings, transmittals of this information to governmental entities and related activities.
- Manages the auditing of tax extracts to identify, investigate and correct potential tax reporting errors.
- Manages internal tax reporting audits of policyholder administrative systems and monitors these systems and their related procedures to identify and address potential tax issues.
- Approves the daily submission of policyholder federal and state withholding.
What You Need for this Position Must have:
- At least 8 years of experience in tax law or tax compliance at an insurance company
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field
- Knowledge on life insurance and annuity products
- Managerial experience
Nice to have:
- CPA and/or JD
What's In It for You Salary range: $120K-180K base + bonus + deferred compensation - up to around $300K total comp
Ability to work remotely
- Medical, dental, vision
- PTO, paid holidays and sick leave
So, if you are a Tax Director with experience, please apply today!
Colorado employees will receive paid sick leave. For additional information about available benefits, please contact Ai Trottier
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
*CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer*
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
*Your Right to Work* - In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!