The Team Leader is responsible for the safe execution of the Charles City production schedule in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practices and other applicable regulatory requirements. Team Leaders actively promote colleague engagement and development utilizing both site and corporate resources. Conducts all activities and makes decisions that are in accordance with Company policies & SOPs, Zoetis Values, & global regulatory guidelines (including cGMP/cGLP/cGCP), environmental guidelines as appropriate, etc.
Education and Experience:
- Manage and own shop floor performance, including leadership and/or participation in Gemba walks, shift changes etc.
- Ensure effective utilization of the GMP process for all direct reports, including annual objectives, individual development plans, one-on-one meetings, mid-year reviews, and year-end reviews. Continuously improve the capabilities of the team.
- Perform safety related M1 investigations, including initial event summary to site leadership.
- Ensure direct reports are compliant with all training requirements.
- Perform Human Performance Evaluation as applicable.
- Continuously develop direct reports to build a strong team and site. This includes the use of performance management tools, direct feedback and open communication.
- Effective and timely management of employee relations in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Participate and/or lead special projects as directed by Process Team leader.
- Respond to process and/or equipment events by ensuring communication with process specialist, quality, regulatory, EHS, finance and OE specialist(s) as necessary.
- Compliance and execution of EHS-regulations (of Zoetis, US). Compliance and execution of standards and instructions of company rulings, manufacturing specifications and SOPs.
- Responsible for completion of Manufacturing Batch Record Review and other application department documentation.
- Department Specific Responsibilities as indicated.
- BA/BS with 2-4 years of leadership experience OR MBA/MS with 0-2 years of leadership experience OR Minimum of 8 years relevant leadership experience, preferably in a Biologics manufacturing site.
- Relevant manufacturing or analytical experience in microbiology, biology, engineering, or other scientific discipline. Demonstrated commitment to the Zoetis Core Beliefs and leadership competencies.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead, develop and motivate teams.
- Demonstrated ability to interact positively with all process team colleagues including senior leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results.
- Strong communication (oral and written), interpersonal, and team/group interactive and leading skills. Strong commitment to product quality, customer service, and continuous improvement.
- Ability to resolve technical issues, troubleshoots manufacturing processes, and investigates process deviations/excursions.
- Thorough knowledge of 9CFR and EU regulations, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs), and cGDP.
- Extensive knowledge and capabilities with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Extensive knowledge and capabilities with SAP Enterprise Resource System
- Experience using Trackwise (Event Tracking System) Change Request and Investigation Writing software preferred but not required.
- Experience using Operational Excellence and problem-solving tools such as DMAIC and Minitab analytical software preferred but not required.
- Must be able to sit, walk or stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to reach above shoulder level, bend/stoop, kneel, push/pull, and handle/grip frequently.
- Must be able to work scheduled 40 hours with the ability to work overtime as needed.
- Frequent lifting and carrying of 5 to 25 lbs
- Regular reaching, bending, stooping, and twisting
- Repetitive motion and substantial movement of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers
Any unsolicited resumes sent to Zoetis from a third party, such as an Agency recruiter, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Zoetis mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Zoetis employees, or to Zoetis resume database will be considered Zoetis property. Zoetis will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Zoetis will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. This includes any Agency that is an approved/engaged vendor but does not have the appropriate approvals to be engaged on a search.
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at email@example.com to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of "@zoetis.com". In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.
This job has expired.