Local Unit & Position Description
DNV's Energy Transition Outlook predicts that we will exhaust the 1.5 degree carbon budget in 2028. How will you spend your next 5 years making a measurable impact on climate change mitigation?
DNV is seeking a Technical Sales Lead to join our North America team focused on expanding our offshore wind advisory business line. DNV is specifically seeking an enthusiastic influencer with a strong background in the offshore wind industry, who can develop and maintain strong customer relationships with senior-level directors, managers and executives, develop and deliver on new business opportunities, enjoys strategic planning and execution, and the rewards of a high-visibility position.
The Technical Sales Lead will report to the Head of Offshore Wind in North America, with regular opportunities to engage with DNV's executive leadership in North America and Europe as we expand upon our large offshore wind advisory business. Many of DNV's Key Accounts are offshore wind leaseholders in the United States; the successful candidate will have the opportunity to draw on deep existing relationships between DNV's Key Account Managers, subject matter experts, and our Customers.
The dynamic working environment will require a candidate who is easily adaptable, enthusiastic, and has the experience and technical skillset to be Customer-facing. The successful candidate will develop opportunities into executed contracts, at which point the broader department will deliver on its range of offshore wind services including those in the development, permitting, construction, and operational phases of project lifecycles.
The successful candidate will be a dynamic individual with great leadership, management, and communication skills; the ability to develop strong relationships with Customers to advise on their techno-economic challenges; and enjoys optimizing business operations while taking risks resulting in growth orientation to best serve the North American offshore wind industry.
Why you should work with us?
Because within DNV's Renewables and Power Grids group and organizational culture, how we collectively influence the world for future generations matters deeply to us. Our team works every day to increase the widespread deployment and operation of renewables to address climate change and positively impact society; endeavors to achieve our purpose through the success of our Customers; and strives to be high-performing and innovative. Our approach reflects the equity, respect, and diversity we wish to see in the world.
This position can be based out of any of our current advisory markets including Medford, Massachusetts; Arlington, Virginia; Chalfont, Pennsylvania; New York; San Diego, California; Portland, Oregon; Katy, TX & Seattle, Washington.
What You'll Do:
This role is responsible for new business generation with existing and new DNV Customers, by identifying opportunities in the offshore market, leveraging and nurturing current relationships, and growing new relationships with key Customers. You will be tasked with gathering key market intelligence to help close on new business and grow new business, as well as to achieve business growth and profitability goals. Responsibilities will include:
Position QualificationsWhat is Required:
- Create and expand relationships with key decision-markers at leading offshore project developers to obtain an understanding of the customer's needs and processes
- Develop leads with new and existing Customers
- Communicate value propositions including written proposals to Customers based on DNV service offerings and capabilities
- Convert proposals to contracted projects through Customer discussion, education, and negotiation
- Manage the opportunity pursuit for all offshore wind offers to targeted customers
- Support achievement of sales targets and customer relationship strength KPIs, in collaboration with the Head of Offshore Wind and team that executes on the business developed by this role
- Lead the strategy and positioning for multi-million dollar proposal efforts and RFP responses, including influencing and working with multidisciplinary teams to prepare value propositions aligned with the market opportunities
What is Preferred:
- Bachelor's degree in a field related to offshore wind success, including engineering, business, policy, or other relevant field
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience in the offshore infrastructure industry
- Minimum of 2 years of business development or sales experience
- Candidates must have a strong understanding of offshore wind technology components, development lifecycle, procurement processes and project costs, and relevant stakeholders and industry decision makers
- Candidate must have a well-developed network of contacts within the North American offshore wind energy industry
- Self-starter, able to generate and contract new business, manage projects entirely independently, train and develop junior staff, manage sensitive and confidential customer information, and with the ability to understand when to delegate and escalate tasks and issues as they arise. Excellent organization skills and attention to detail are a must
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required. The ability to comfortably explain complicated analysis methodologies or results, scopes of work, budget or contracting terms, and other relevant offshore wind technical topics to a wide range of audiences is essential
- We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening
**Immigration-related employment benefits, for example visa sponsorship, are not available for this position**What We Offer
- Willing to travel up to 30% of the time, including domestic and international
Generous Paid Time Off (Vacation, Company Holidays, Parental Leave, Sick, and Disability)
Multiple Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefit Plans to choose from
Spending Accounts - FSA, Dependent Care, Commuter Benefits, Company-Seeded HSA
401(K) with company match
Company provided life insurance, short-term, and long-term disability benefits
Education reimbursement program
Employer-Paid, therapist-led, virtual care services through Talkspace
Flexible work schedule with hybrid/remote opportunities**Benefits may vary based on position, tenure, location, and employee election**How We Do It
We Care, We Dare, We Share
DNV is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit or business need, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
DNV is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. US applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the North America Recruitment department (email@example.com). Information received relating to accommodations will be addressed confidentially.For more information
https://www.eeoc.gov/know-your-rights-workplace-discrimination-illegal-posterRead more here
Diversity at DNV
Meet our Employees
Careers in DNV
As required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act and New York City Salary Transparency Law, DNV provides a reasonable range of compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado or New York City. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado and New York City, NY only, the range of starting pay for this role is $140,000 - $190,000.
Please visit our website at www.dnv.comCompany & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We provide assurance to the entire energy value chain through our advisory, monitoring, verification, and certification services. As the world's leading resource of independent energy experts and technical advisors, we help industries and governments to navigate the many complex, interrelated transitions taking place globally and regionally, in the energy industry. We are committed to realizing the goals of the Paris Agreement, and support all stakeholders to transition faster to a deeply decarbonized energy system.
This job has expired.