Guy Carpenter is seeking candidates for the following position based in the Seattle Washington office:
Technical Support Specialist
What can you expect?
What is in it for you?
- As a member of the Analytics Infrastructure Services (AIS) team, a part of Guy Carpenter Information Technology (GCIT) your role will primarily focus on supporting applications, associated hardware, tools and colleagues across Guy Carpenter's Global Analytics businesses, including support for US government business.
- The ideal candidate will have excellent analytical, reporting and communication skills with an understanding of service management principles (ITIL) and should have a positive inquisitive attitude.
We will count on you to:
- A company with a strong brand and strong results to match.
- Culture of internal mobility, collaboration and valued partnerships.
- Competitive pay (salary and performance bonus potential).
- Full benefits package - starting day one (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k match AND contribution).
What you need to have:
- Support applications, associated hardware, tools and colleagues across Guy Carpenter's Global Analytics businesses, including support for US government business. By ensuring optimum performance, configuration & health across Analytics & Catastrophe Modelling environments is maintained at all times
- Understand Guy Carpenter's key business drivers demonstrating a working knowledge and synergy with the CAT modelling process
- Support cloud environments with strong Microsoft Azure knowledge
- Respond to out of hour's emergency support requests associated with any Guy Carpenter, Marsh McLennan or US government critical response initiatives as required
- Build productive relationships with other Guy Carpenter and Marsh McLennan colleagues to improve workflow & process
- Engage external vendor partners as needed to deliver effective solutions based on a deep understanding of their products
What makes you stand out:
- Degree in IT
- May consider an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in the IT Industry
- Strong Azure cloud support and administration knowledge
- Strong database administration skills (SQL server) along with experience with SQL scripting
- Ability to obtain Security Clearance to work on US government business
- Minimum of 3 years' experience of using the follow Microsoft server products: Windows Server, MS HPC, Microsoft SQL Server
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to translate technical information for non-technical audiences
- Experience working in the Insurance industry and involvement with Catastrophe Modelling tools,RiskLink, Touchstone etc.
- Experienced with Barracuda Firewall and Splunk monitoring applications
- Exposure to PowerShell
- Ability to review system and application logs
Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC is a leading global risk and reinsurance specialist with more than 3,100 professionals in over 60 offices around the world. Guy Carpenter delivers a powerful combination of broking expertise, trusted strategic advisory services and industry-leading analytics to help clients adapt to emerging opportunities and achieve profitable growth. Guy Carpenter is a business of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. The company's 75,000 colleagues advise clients in over 130 countries. With annualized revenue approaching $17 billion, Marsh McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading companies including Marsh, Mercer and Oliver Wyman. For more information, visit www.guycarp.com and follow Guy Carpenter on LinkedIn and Twitter @GuyCarpenter
This job has expired.