Irby Utilities is one of the three largest electrical utility distribution companies in the United States, with over $1 Billion in annual sales and over 500 employees across more than 45 branches in 27 states. Irby Utilities has experienced incredible growth over the past five years. This presents many outstanding career & development opportunities throughout the country in various locations such as: Jackson, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Orlando, Syracuse, Nashville, Denver, Salt Lake City, Portland and Minneapolis.
Irby was a pioneer in the early days of the electrical business, founded in 1926, and continues to be an industry leader in philanthropic involvement and community activity. Irby is also part of the Sonepar family of operating companies, consisting of the finest locally managed electrical and industrial distributors throughout the United States. Sonepar is the world leader in electrical distribution.
This position owns the technical documentation and training processes for Irby Utilities through working cross-functionally in support of all field and corporate departments. This position will collaborate to create, maintain, and organize for reference centrally relevant process and controls documentation to substantiate Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and Sonepar Group internal controls. Additionally, this individual will actively participate in and leverage Sonepar USA resources for the development of associates at all levels through organizational learning to drive increased department performance.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with department leadership to build and maintain SOP and process related documentation to support tactical reference material for teams performing functions as well Internal Controls requirements.
- Design or provide additional tools and resources that support development beyond formal training in ERP as well as additional technologies, which may include relationship or on-the-job experiences and resources that drive development and transfer of learning for practical application.
- Regularly evaluate, maintain, update and/or design and deliver technical curriculum for new-hire, continuous learning, and training programs. Continually search for alternative delivery methods, online opportunities, adaptation of off-the-shelf products and creative application of learning materials (webinars, videos, job aids, etc.).
- Record training administered to associates in Training EDU or other Learning Management Systems (LMS) for future reference.
- Use basic graphic design skills and resource organization to design and maintain SharePoint sites or other documentation repositories.
- Conduct ongoing evaluation of programs for effectiveness and make program modifications based on results.
- Lead and maintain Business Continuity related content for Irby Utilities.
- Participate in the Sonepar Learning Council and implement related items.
- Otherwise execute, support, and/or maintain Irby Utilities projects and initiatives as applicable.
- 3-5 years in the field of Training and Documentation. With portfolio to share prior work examples.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, education, organizational development, or related field.
- Demonstrated advanced competency in assimilating various ideas, technical writing, creating, and presentation skills.
- Experience with classroom facilitation along with monitoring effectiveness of training.
- Knowledgeable with aspects of employee development including needs assessment and instructional design and development.
- Ability to learn and adapt to emerging technologies with minimal guidance.
- Strong technology skills in Microsoft Office Applications, particularly Word, PowerPoint, Teams, and SharePoint.
- Demonstrable expertise in screen recording and video editing software, such as Camtasia or Vimeo.
- Experience using Eclipse.
- Ability to collaborate easily with multiple levels of management and staff associates.
- Ability to take initial input and direction quickly, accurately verify goals and objectives, and work. independently to deliver content.
- Skilled in survey and/or assessment design.
- Proven experience prioritizing work projects and managing and maintaining a documentation library.
- Experience in a Shared Service environment.
- Adapts easily to new situations, project prioritization changes, people, culture, and technology by choosing the right skill set at the right moment and place.
- Can appropriately challenge the status quo; never satisfied and always looking to improve.
- Curiosity, willingness to learn and explore new topics, and enthusiasm to execute new learning curricula in alignment with current business objectives.