SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
Technician, Intermediate performs testing and analysis, following instructions under moderate supervision of a Supervisor, Testing Laboratory. Works within standard operating procedures and/or scientific methods. Sets up and executes tests, monitors, documents, and reports test results. Maintains a safe and clean work environment.
- Performs routine tests to confirm if the product (part or set of components) performs their proposed functions in a satisfactory manner. Depending on Laboratory, assembles and runs test circuits, or reviews parts and performs applicable tests: calibration testing, or catalyst, or durability, or vibrations, or thermal, or noise level, or emissions, or pressure testing, or other as required.
- May use statistical methods to identify recurring problems and give detailed reports on defects.
- Installs and sets up test articles, fixtures, test equipment, instrumentation and controls.
- May perform calibration and assemble test equipment prior to analysis.
- Performs testing as instructed and records / logs testing results, communicates results to a higher-level Technician, or to Engineer, or to a Supervisor, as required.
- Follows all company Health, Safety and Environmental policies and protocols.
- Follows Quality protocols and reports discrepancies to the Supervisor.
- Performs routine and preventive maintenance of equipment as assigned.
- Maintains a clean working environment.
- Increases technical knowledge, completes assignments and maintains passing scores for curriculum outlined in the Laboratory Test Technician Training Plan for Level 2 and Level 3.
- Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2-5 years of experience, demonstrating engineering aptitude
- Completed Laboratory Test Technician Training Level 1 with satisfactory or above rating
This job has expired.
- Associate degree in Engineering Technology or related field
- Experience in Testing Laboratory