Innovative Defense Technologies (IDT), provider of automated software testing, data analysis, and cybersecurity solutions for complex, mission-critical systems in the US Department of Defense (DOD), is seeking a Test Engineer to be based in our Arlington or San Diego office.
The test engineer will design and develop tests, then manually or automatically execute tests for IDTs flagship ATRT Enterprise Platform in a classified lab environment. This process requires a highly organized individual capable of conducting several different test events simultaneously. The test engineer will maintain a System Requirements Verification Matrix for each product tested, ensuring that all system requirements are verified by a specific test procedure and communicate methods of improving test coverage. Finally, the test engineer prepares reports on test results and communicates results to cross functional teams, guiding the team with specific information necessary to isolate and identify the issue.
All applicants must be able to obtain/maintain an active U.S. Security Clearance.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Develop, implement, and analyze System Requirements Verification Matrices (SRVM), determining the most efficient methods to increase test coverage
- Allocate requirements to test procedures, working with development teams to ensure test procedures verify requirement intent.
- Configuration manage and configuration audit test environments.
- Develop and implement automated testing strategies using automated test tools including IDT's ATRT Test Manager for execution against IDT developed software
- Gathering and understanding requirements to provide optimal automated test solutions
- Support and enhance existing testing process by suggesting continuous improvement initiatives
- Work with minimal supervision to implement best-in-class solutions
- Provide clear status and communication to IDT's geographically dispersed technical and management teams
- Bachelor's Degree preferred in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Physics, or Math
- 1+ year(s) of experience in engineering, software and/or testing environments
- Ability to quickly learn new applications and tools
- Basic MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) skills
- Basic Linux operations knowledge
- Familiarity with Automated test tools
- Understanding of System Requirement Verification Matrices
- Understanding of System requirement allocation
- 4+ years of experience operating US Navy tactical systems
- Experience operating the US Navy Aegis, SSDS, CANES, ADNS, or radio systems.
- Experience with software testing, test automation, and test tools
- Understanding of test automation design patterns, and software testing principles and methodologies
- Understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Proficiency with source code control systems (e.g. Git) and bug tracking systems (e.g. Jira)
- Proficiency in a Linux operating environment
- Requirements Management
- Configuration Management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail, with a high level of diligence and accuracy
- Ability to collaborate and communicate closely with peers, developers, and customers to document, manage and communicate test results
- Initiative, creativity, reliability, teamwork
- Strong organizational and planning skills
$72,000 - $114,450 or $85,500 - $139,650
*Pursuant to California Senate Bill 1162, IDT is required to disclose the "pay scale" or "pay range" associated with a job posting. Notably, however, this amount may not be reflective of actual compensation that may be earned as pay is dependent on a candidate's experience, skills, and education. The posted range does not include bonuses, commissions, tips, or other benefits. Click here for additional information about Senate Bill 1162. IDT is often looking to place multiple candidates at various levels. Therefore, more than one pay range has been included, commensurate with experience.EEO Statement:
IDT is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
This job has expired.