At Optiv, we're on a mission to help our clients make their businesses more secure. We're one of the fastest-growing companies in a truly essential industry. Join us.
Who we are looking for:
The Threat Analyst will provide intrusion/incident monitoring and detection utilizing customer provided data sources, audit and monitoring tools at both the government and enterprise level. An Associate Threat Analyst is required to be flexible and adapt to change quickly. The Threat Analyst will work closely with our Senior Threat Analyst to service customers through our Managed Detection and Response offering.
How you'll make an impact:
Qualifications for success:
- Analyze, document and report on potential security incidents identified in customer environments
- Work with partners to maintain an understanding of security threats, vulnerabilities, and exploits that could impact systems, networks, and assets
- Provide triage on various security enforcement technologies including, but not limited to SIEM, anti-virus, content filtering/reporting, malware prevention, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, web application firewalls, messaging security platforms, vulnerability scanners etc.
- Perform knowledge transfers, document, and triage client's issues regarding mitigation of identified threats
- Provide ongoing recommendations customers on best practices
- Actively research current threats and attack vectors being exploited in the wild
- Utilize defined SOP's and KB's
With Optiv you can expect:
- Experience and Skills (General):
- 2-3+ years full-time professional experience in the Information Security field
- 2 or more years investigating and or troubleshooting enterprise-level networks and systems
- Excellent time management, reporting, communication skills, and ability to prioritize work
- Ability to generate comprehensive written reports and recommendations
- Write professional emails
- Previous experience as a point of escalation in a technical environment
- Customer interactions and working through various issues
- Base knowledge of contemporary security architectures/devices such as firewalls, routers, switches, load balancers, remote access technologies, anti-malware, SIEM, and AV
- Ability to work customer's environments to report on critical security events
- Ability to troubleshoot technical problems and ask probing questions to find the root cause or a problem
- Experience and Skills (Technical)
- Queue management
- Data analysis using SIEM, Database tools such as Elastic, and Excel
- Experience troubleshooting security, network, and or endpoints
- IDS monitoring/analysis with tools such as Sourcefire and Snort
- Experience with SIEM platforms preferred (QRadar, LogRhythm, Exabeam, Securonix, and Splunk)
- Familiarity with web-based attacks and the OWASP Top 10 at a minimum
- Attack vectors and exploitation
- Direct (E.g. SQL Injection) versus indirect (E.g. cross-site scripting) attacks
- Familiarity with SANS top 20 critical security controls
- Understand the foundations of enterprise Windows security including:
- Active Directory
- Windows security architecture and terminology
- Common system hardening best practices
- Anti-Virus (AV) and Host-Based Intrusion Prevention (HIPS)
- Experience in monitoring at least one commercial AV solution such as (but not limited to) Carbon Black, CrowdStrike, McAfee/Intel, Symantec, Sophos, or Trend Micro
- Ability to identify common false positives and make suggestions on tuning
- Understanding of base malware propagation and attack vectors
- Propagation of malware in enterprise environments
- Experience with malware protection tools such as FireEye a plus.
- Understanding of malware mitigation controls in an enterprise environment.
- Network-Based Attacks / System Based Attacks
- Denial of Service Attacks
- Brute force attacks
- Familiarity with vulnerability scoring systems such as CVSS
- Basic understanding of vulnerability assessment tools such as vulnerability scanners and exploitation frameworks
- MUST HAVE:
- Eligibility to obtain a security clearance
- Shift flexibility, including the ability to provide on-call support when needed
- Valid driver's license
- Ability to work greater than 40 hours per week as needed
- Ability to travel up to ten percent of the time
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience
- DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience working with Incident Ticketing Systems (i.e. ServiceNow, Remedy, RemedyForce, Heat, etc.).
- General security knowledge (GCIA, CISSP, CCSE, CISA, HBSS, NSA, CEH, Cisco Security, Security +, OSCP or other security certifications).
- CCNA, CCDA, CCSA, CCIE, CISSP, CEH, or MCSE.
• A company committed to championing Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion through Affinity groups including but not limited to, Women's Network, Optiv Pride, Black Employee Network, and Veterans Support Network.
• Work/life balance. We offer "Recharge" a flexible, time-off program that encourages eligible employees to take the time they need to recharge
• Professional training resources, including tuition reimbursement
• Creative problem-solving and the ability to tackle unique, complex projects
• Volunteer Opportunities. "Optiv Chips In" encourages employees to volunteer and engage with their teams and communities.
• The ability and technology necessary to productively work remote/from home (where applicable)
If you are seeking a culture that supports growth, fosters success, and moves the industry forward, find your place at Optiv! As a market-leading provider of cyber security solutions, Optiv has the most comprehensive ecosystem of security products and partners to deliver unparalleled services. Our rich and successful history with our clients is based on trust, serving more than 12,000 clients of varying sizes and industries, including commercial, government, and education. We have the proven expertise to plan, build, and run successful security programs across Risk Management, Cyber Digital Transformation, Threat Management, Security Operations - Managed Services, and Identity and Data Management.
Optiv is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
This job has expired.