The Trade Show Assistant is responsible for assisting with the planning, organizing, coordinating, and executing of trade shows, vendor shows, job fairs and event activities for all brands and OpCos of Altra Motion. This role supports the Trade Show Coordinator and Creative Services Manager as needed. Works with the Marketing staff to ensure successful trade show/event operations. Additionally, this role will include trade show warehouse responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with updating trade show/event related schedules - meetings, shipping dates, discount deadlines, and targeted move-ins.
- Prepare necessary service order forms, liability insurances and shipping quotes.
- Assist with the coordination and completion of the trade show/event request.
- Maintain electronic files and binders containing past meeting information, graphics details and associated booth costs.
- Maintain inventory and submit monthly and post-show reports of products, equipment, graphics, displays and supplies, including quantities and condition.
- Conduct after show inspection and inventory of returning quad systems, frame/hardware, graphics, products, and equipment.
- Schedule/complete repairs and refinishing of product displays as needed.
- Pack, prepare documentation and schedule shipments for all trade shows/events.
- Assist with coordination of exhibit material, collection for shipment to and from exhibit locations, including inspection of portable exhibits, equipment & shipping containers prior to and return of shipment.
- Move trade show/event product and equipment throughout the warehouse using pallet jack, hand trucks or forklifts as needed.
- Check-out product displays/equipment and prepare shipping lists for each vendor show/event utilizing Exhibit Force system.
- Stage pre-show setup of Quad System for various size booths, including decal/graphics application, frame/hardware inspections, products, and equipment such as monitors and PC testing.
- Occasionally attend and take on-site responsibility for set-up, tear down, logistics and management of the trade show/event.
- Assist in managing and setting up digital trade show displays including but not limited to digital monitors, kiosk, displays, computers, and electronic devices such as iPads and internet support in the form of routers and hotspots.
Job Requirements Education and Experience Requirements
- Ability to coordinate 100% on time delivery goal for all events and shows (including international).
- Strong attention to detail, organizational and project management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects and changes quickly and effectively.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work well with people at all levels are essential.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office (esp. excel, word, outlook) is required.
- Must be able to complete forklift certification.
- Ability to occasionally travel to assist with the set-up, tear down, logistics and management of trade shows/events anywhere in North America as required.
- Willing to work overtime, nights and weekends as needed leading up to or during trade shows/events.
Physical Demand and Work Environment:
- A high school diploma is required.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in warehouse inventory management or other suitable line of work is also required.
- Experience working previously with trade shows is preferred.
- Prior experience operating pallet jack, hand trucks and forklift preferred.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The job is performed indoors in a warehouse setting with office space provided to support administrative tasks.
- Must be able to lift/move up to a maximum of 50lbs.
- Extended periods of lifting, bending, and reaching while stocking and storing trade show displays and equipment are common.
- Set-up and tear down of trade show booths at the convention centers may involve working in adverse temperature conditions, standing, sitting, kneeling, and walking at/to the various service/dispatch desks.
- Hearing and vision correctable to within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, receiving ordinary information, and preparing or inspecting documents for show attendance.
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you have a disability and need assistance accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request assistance by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job has expired.