GPI offers excellent benefits, including a 401(k) plan, ESOP, medical/dental/vision plans, and vacation/sick/personal time, and more. GPI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Greenman-Pedersen, Inc. is seeking a full-time Traffic Engineer for our growing Pennsylvania Region. This position provides the flexibility to be involved in both public and private development projects with the eventual goal of focusing on one of these areas depending on the candidate's preference.
Do you value a company that puts employee satisfaction and diversity at the forefront of who they are? If so, GPI wants you!
GPI is a multi-discipline engineering firm providing planning, design, and construction services for transportation infrastructure and building system projects throughout the United States for over 50 years. Ranked in the Top 100 Firms by Engineering News Record, GPI is a forward-thinking, innovative firm with a culture that is committed to excellence and fosters staff empowerment. For more information visit: www.gpinet.com
- Knowledge in the design of traffic signals and intersection/highway geometrics
- Perform intersection and roadway capacity analyses using HCS, Synchro, and Vissim software and prepare traffic impact studies
- Assist in the review of traffic impact studies and site plans
- Experience with traffic calming, bike/ped safety studies a plus
- CEQR/SEQR experience
Requirements MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering (BSCE)
- 1 to 5 years' experience in traffic analysis, traffic signal design, signing, and striping design
- Experience with Modeling programs, including SYNCHRO, HCS
- AutoCAD and/or MicroStation V8i experience
- EIT required, PE, PTOE preferred
This job has expired.
- Maintain a valid driver's license with a clean motor vehicle report (MVR) for final consideration
- Read, write, and understand plans and direction given in the English language
- Basic computer skills with the ability to create and edit Microsoft Word and Excel documents, create Outlook emails and utilize SharePoint and Microsoft Teams to communicate with other team members
- Able to traverse a construction job site consisting of uneven ground varying in height and consistency of material, with a variation of elevation 19\" or less (mud, gravel, rutted ground, etc.)
- Able to wear GPI required PPE, i.e., hard hats, safety vest, work boots, and/or safety glasses/goggles while working