It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they are doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
As a 2nd Shift Chemical Production Operator, you play a critical part of the organization securing raw materials in a safe environment. This position creates and packages products of various kinds.
Monday - Friday
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operate a sit-down forklift
- Select products for outbound orders
- Receive product (bulk and packaged) for inbound orders
- Load and unload trucks
- Perform preventative maintenance and participate in general upkeep of production equipment
- Maintain daily logs and record plant operating data
- Effectively, timely, and respectfully communicate and interact with other employees, supervisors, individuals from other organizations, and customers
- Collect raw materials
- Package chemicals in pails, drums, and totes
- Responsible for decanting chemical into containers as specified in related procedures
- Ensure supplies are distributed as required throughout the facility
- Neatly store supplies and empty containers
- General housekeeping of the plant and surrounding areas
- Clean and store safety equipment for re-use
- Report process and/or safety equipment issues to Production Supervisor
- Comply with all safety requirements within the company
- Comply with all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements and safe handling practices as required from Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and company procedures
- Follow WHMIS, MSDS and all other safety training requirements and procedures
- Follow all government and regulatory requirements when handling and transporting chemical materials
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed
- Regular and sustained attendance
- 1+-Years experience working in a chemical plant
- 2-Years experience in a manufacturing and/or distribution facility
- 2-Years experience operating a forklift preferred
- Pass forklift driving exam (pre-offer)
- Ability to collaborate effectively and efficiently with colleagues
- Effective communication skills and time management
- Ability to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time
- Previous experience a chemical plant preferred
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
This position works in an enclosed building that is subject to variances in temperatures, extreme heat in summer, and colder temperature in winter. This position frequently lifts, pushes, pulls or carries up to 50 pounds of product. This position can work various hours.
DuBois provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, service in the military, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state, and/or local law and/or regulation.
This job has expired.