This job has expired.
Mercy Fitzgerald, a member of Trinity Health Mid-Atlantic, is looking for a Unit Facilitator to join the nursing team on our 4 Pavilion Med/Surg Unit!
7a-3:30p, 32 hours per biweekly pay, every other weekend rotation
Under direct supervision from the Professional Care Provider, performs specific duties to provide service and comfort to patients and families in accordance with the Mission and Values of Mercy Health System.
• Participates in patient rounding as directed.
• Answers call bells in person.
• Assists patients in completing dietary selections.
• Distributes ice and water to patients as directed.
• Performs 1:1 patient observation as assigned/needed within a specific area of care provision.
Medical Record Maintenance
• Assembles and maintains patient charts in the prescribed order per chart order throughout the hospital stay. Reviews chart for:
- Correct order
- Correct chart
- Forms with all PLUE labels
- Forms from Formsfast
• Files labs and reports in the correct patient record.
• Initiates universal forms during computer down times.
• Prepares Foley Forms as required.
• "Thins" patient records per Medical Record Standards.
• Prints appropriate forms from FormsFast such as consult sheets and pre-op checklists.
• Checks for progress notes, prints, and adds to patient chart as necessary.
• Obtains and stores "past" medical records per Medical Record Standard.
• Reviews physicians orders on an ongoing basis and documents laboratory and cardiology orders on clipboard (as necessary).
• Verifies name of primary care physician and patient's home phone number with the patient, and corrects on face sheet as necessary. Initials face sheet once information is verified or corrected.
• Verifies that observation status patient records are housed in the appropriate observation chart.
• Generates Meditech reports as directed by Patient Care Manager.
• Monitors for consult orders, contacts consultants, and documents notification of consult.
• Copies restraint sheets daily and submit to Patient Care Manager.
• Enters written orders into the electronic medical record as necessary, and documents date, time and signature on order sheet
Materials and Supplies
• Receives orders verbally or in writing for supplies necessary for unit operations.
• Submits orders through system(s) as required.
• Ensures that an adequate supply of materials and supplies as assigned are readily available for unit use.
• Receives supply or material order and distribute or store as required.
• Retrieves medical record information from the pneumatic tube system.
• Participates in stocking and maintenance of PPE in isolation stations.
Patient Discharge Functions
• Works collaboratively with Clinical Care Supervisor to facilitate patient discharges as requested.
• Obtain patient signature on 2nd notice of "Important Message From Medicare."
• Ensures that Discharge Postcard is on the patient chart for the RN to complete at the time of discharge.
• Completes follow up phone calls for discharged patients and assists in the process of making post discharge appointments with appropriate physician offices.
• Faxes copy of discharge instruction to primary care physician office.
• Assists with arrangements for home care and equipment needed for home care as directed by care transition nurses.
• Facilitates patient discharge and obtains services to expedite discharge under the direction of the caregiver.
• Facilitates transportation services (such as van services).
• Assists with staffing needs by willingly accepting reassignments to other patient care areas.
• Attends unit meetings and assigned in-services as evidenced by attendance sheet and individual education file.
• Performs other duties as directed by Patient Care Manager.
Education equivalent to completion of high school
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
• Function in stressful situations
• Adapt to change
• Organize work and manage time effectively by completing assignments in the allotted time.
• Use computer, including electronic medical record system, Microsoft Office products, and navigate the Internet
• Communicate in the English language orally and in writing
• Promote good working relationships and good communication among staff and between departments and disciplines. Knowledge of Medical terminology (preferred)
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Posted 10 minutes ago
Posted 10 minutes ago
Posted 8 minutes ago