Vice President, Employee Health & Benefits - Marsh & McLennan Agency - Troy, MI (MMA Upper Midwest)
Your goals. Your ambitions. Your definition of success. At MMA, we believe nothing should stand in your way of making these a reality. Here, your future is limitless. As an MMA colleague, you'll get personal and professional development opportunities, a driven and entrepreneurial team-oriented environment, and leaders at all levels who are committed to maintaining high levels of colleague engagement.
As a part of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world's leading professional services firm in risk, strategy, and people, MMA colleagues are part of a network of resources and expertise that sets our organization apart from the competition.
We are currently seeking a Vice President on our Employee Health & Benefits team in Troy, MI.
The VP of Health & Benefits has overall responsibility for the client relationship within their assigned book-of-business. This involves establishing and maintaining excellent internal and external relationships, seeking and understanding the client's needs, and managing the team responsible for delivering all aspects of our services delivered. The VP of Health & Benefits is expected to have a higher level of involvement in the work product prepared by the Plan Analyst. In addition to their client management responsibilities, all VP of Health & Benefits have new business development responsibilities and are expected to stay current with emerging industry trends.
What can you expect?
What is in it for you?
- Small agency feel with world class resources of an international corporation
- Committed, competent and engaged leadership at all levels
- Driven & entrepreneurial team-oriented environment
- Our Core Values: Innovation, Passion, Collaboration, Accountability, and Integrity
We will count on you to:
- Personal & professional development opportunities
- MMA University - 1000s of free courses and resources
- Certification & designation bonuses. Company-paid study time & testing fees
- Flexible work options
- Dress for your day
- Competitive compensation & benefits package including Paid Parental Leave & PTO for Volunteering
- Colleague Resource Groups and a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion
- And more!
Manage overall client relationship on assigned book-of-business.
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with all client contacts.
- Proactively seek input on client's satisfaction with MMA-MI services. This includes following up on client satisfaction survey results when appropriate.
- Proactively establish relationships with new buyers when client contacts change.
- Lead the development of client service plan and/or service deliverables for the prospective year.
- Periodically assess progress of team on client service plan deliverables throughout the year.
Manage Plan Analyst and Account Manager team members on assigned book-of-business.
- Provide leadership and direction to all team members.
- Provide greater direction to Plan Analysts on client work product deliverables.
- Lead the team through client work product and service plan deliverables such that adequate lead time and direction are provided to team members.
- Participate in the training of new hires on your team, as needed.
- Conduct periodic WIP meetings with team members, as needed.
- Prepare quality Performance Reviews on a timely basis for all team members.
- Promote and support the use of MMA-MI standard tools, templates and policies within your team.
Sales and marketing responsibilities.
- Maintain and build relationships with contacts in the market at developing prospects and client alumni.
- Lead the sales and presentation process on prospective new MMA-MI clients. The degree of focus on new business sales will vary by the VP or SVP of Health & Benefits and their established book-of-business, but all are expected to contribute to MMA-MI's growth.
- Grow revenues on assigned book of business by creating opportunities or acting on opportunities presented.
- Participate in monthly relationship marketing/sales meetings with the Chief Marketing Officer.
- Maintain excellent persistency on assigned clients.
Stay current on market trends.
- Maintain a self-disciplined approach to staying current on emerging trends in health care benefit and other industry trends.
- Proactively present and discuss innovative industry strategies to clients.
- Seek out best practices in the delivery of client work product.
- Stay current on MMA-MI competitors in the market.
Participate in company-wide initiatives when asked.
What you need to have:
- Participate in the development and presentation of company seminars, if requested/needed.
- Participate and/or lead MMA-MI work teams if requested/needed.
- Attend and actively participate in growth meetings.
- Actively share best practices, work product and ideas within the segment and company overall.
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree, preferably in business.
- Minimum of 7-10 years industry experience working for an insurance agency, consulting firm, group insurance carrier or related experience.
- Strong working knowledge of the group benefits industry, particularly within the financial and strategic planning areas.
- Strong leadership, persuasion, communication and writing skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task.
- Ability to work in a team leadership role.
- Must be self-directed, organized and resourceful.
- Must have and maintain a valid license to sell life and health insurance in the State of Michigan.
We are excited to offer a competitive total rewards package which includes: health and welfare benefits, tuition assistance, 401K savings and other retirement programs as well as employee assistance programs.
MMA encourages all its colleagues to pursuedreams without limits
. We promote curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking and take risks on new ideas. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. We are always seeking those with ethics, talent, and ambition who are interested in joining our client-focused teams.
We further believe a business culture that supports a healthy, safe work environment does so by offering the right benefits, programs, policies and opportunities to keep colleagues engaged and productive including: a flexible, hybrid work environment, health and welfare, 401K, employee assistance program, volunteer opportunities, and other programs.
Marsh McLennan and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
At MMA,your future is limitless
. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://marshmma.com/careers.
This job has expired.