We are seeking a highly skilled mergers and acquisitions professional to lead and execute our company's strategic initiatives related to mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, and other strategic partnerships. Reporting to the President of Corporate Development & Strategy, the Vice President (VP) of Corporate Development will play a key role in driving our company's growth strategies and portfolio optimization efforts. Working closely with the Group Strategy & Development global leadership team, you will be responsible for the mergers & acquisitions (M&A) lifecycle from target identification, due diligence, to negotiation, integration, and post-transaction analysis as well as the whole of divestment activities. This position requires a deep understanding of corporate finance, strong negotiation skills, and the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
The Corporate Develop function is key part of the Group Strategy & Development Function. This is a global role with the team's primary purpose to project manage the entire transaction cycle from origination, due diligence, valuation & modelling, transaction execution, reviewing legal documentation, obtaining approvals, etc. Wood consistently has a high level of corporate development activity, and this role will provide you with the opportunity to work alongside both senior executives within Wood and those with whom we are conducting transactions.
Flexibility is expected to support all aspect of Wood's business, as workload dictates. You will be supported by the wider functional and operational teams and also have access to virtual teams across the world who bring their expertise when required. Together you will apply best in class processes, procedures and tools and work alongside the project teams to ensure all acquisitions/disposals are effectively managed for both Wood and our stakeholders.
- Execute the company's merger/acquisition and disposal plan in alignment with our overall business objectives and strategy.
- Identify and evaluate potential acquisition targets, conducting thorough due diligence to assess strategic fit and financial viability.
- Negotiate with target companies, structuring deals that maximize value for our organization.
- Collaborate closely with internal stakeholders, including executive leadership, legal, finance, people & organization, and operations teams to ensure seamless integration and post-acquisition success.
- Stay updated on industry trends, competitive landscapes, and market conditions to identify potential M&A opportunities.
- Build and maintain relationships with external partners, including investment banks, legal advisors, and other relevant parties to support the M&A activities through open honest communication, understanding each party's business needs and providing consistent delivery in line with the function's obligations and commitments
- Pro-actively work on the origination and pipeline of M&A transactions
- Prepare corporate valuations and deal structures
- Coordinate all due diligence, and, on occasion, perform financial due diligence
- Liaise with vendor(s) / Wood senior managers on specific issues arising during a transaction
- Project manage overall acquisition and disposal exercises:
- preparation of ELT and Board Papers
- management of overall due diligence, including regular sharing of information between team members
- working closely with our Legal team, leading negotiation of relevant aspects of Letters of Intent, Share Purchase Agreements and similar, and bringing, where appropriate, deals to a close
- Nurture beneficial networks globally and key stakeholder relationships
- Degree qualified in a relevant business or financial field
- Strong financial acumen and ability to analyse financial statements and valuation models. Ideally a qualified accountant (CA, ACCA or equivalent) with several years post qualification experience, but not essential
- Proven track record of successfully leading and closing complex transactions
- Advanced computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft office tools, Word/Excel/PowerPoint
Knowledge, skills, and experience:
- Good experience in managing audit and corporate finance assignments
- Experience of managing multiple merger & acquisition projects and meeting timelines
- Broad, international business experience
- Demonstrated ability to influence
This job has expired.
- Networker and Relationship Builder - Connect and establish effective, cross-cultural working relationships with all levels of the organisation and externally. Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrable strength in communication skills.
- Influencer - High level of personal skills is required to deal effectively with a wide range of stakeholder groups. Balance humility and self-confidence.
- Gravitas/Credibility with Stakeholders create an environment that encourages open discussion and feedback with stakeholders.
- Initiator - Anticipates the environment, is forward thinking and able to see the big picture Creative flair and strong strategic and analytical capability. Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Leadership, Energy & Focus - Takes the lead and makes it happen. Results orientated and focussed on the execution of predefined objectives
- Authentic - Ability to be open, transparent, and driven by the success of the enterprise, rather than by personal ambition.
- Strategic Thinker - strong decision-making ability and communication and negotiation skills
- Businessperson - Complete understanding of finance and strong commercial acumen.
- Discretion - demonstrated trustworthiness, integrity, and the ability to safeguard confidential or private information