At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
Job Description Summary:
Reporting the SVP and Chief Risk and Compliance Officer (CRCO), PayPal Holdings, Inc., the VP, Global Financial Crimes and Payments Oversight is responsible for overseeing the Company's compliance with Anti-money Laundering (AML)/Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) global regulatory requirements and PayPal's Payments Program. This includes oversight of payment systems obligations, issues, card network and bank relationships and key risks relevant to payment systems.
S/he will advise the CRCO and other members of the Executive Management Team, the Board, or business leaders, as appropriate, focusing on some of the most important risks and issues facing the organization, and providing effective counsel to the business unit leaders. This role will have access to periodically report to PayPal's Board of Directors.
- Oversee and monitor an effective global Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering/OFAC Compliance Program that is in compliance with current industry best practices, regulatory guidance and requirements.
- Recommend and ensure enhancements to the BSA/AML/OFAC/USA Patriot Act monitoring systems to ensure that appropriate parameters are in place to identify suspicious and/or fraudulent activity.
- Define an effective CDD/EDD risk rating and monitoring program to include initial and ongoing assessments, and reviews and analyzes unusual account activity.
- Define appropriate SAR investigation, reviews and reports processes that promote consistent decisions; adequate investigation and research; and completes detailed documentation.
- Establish and maintain all BSA/AML/OFAC related policies, guidelines, and training to Directors, management and employees.
- Establish and maintain a Payments Compliance Oversight Program and Framework, ensuring adherence to all applicable Card and Debit Network requirements. This role will help drive assurance that all policies and procedures are created and/or current, complete and accurate according to the most current Card Brand and Network rules and guidelines.
- Validate and credibly challenge risk assessment results with consideration to products, services, customers and geographies that may present increased risks.
- Support examinations, internal audit and external audits of the BSA/AML or Payments compliance programs. Responds to exams and audit concerns and oversees corrective action of all related compliance deficiencies.
- Monitor and analyze developing industry and compliance trends and changes to laws and regulations pertaining to BSA/AML/OFAC/USA Patriot Act and Card and Network rules and guidelines.
- Advise stakeholders of emerging risks, new or amended laws, regulations, or agency guidance and recommends and implements changes and controls to mitigate those risks and in support of PayPal's global business strategy.
- Prepare and provide regular updates to Parent and internationalBoards, authorized committees and working groups as appropriate.
- Provide subject matter expertise to the business in identifying, assessing, prioritizing, and managing AML and payments compliance risk.
- Manage appropriate due diligence of all bank and card partners, as well as key strategic partners.
- Engage in relationships with key regulators, acquirers, and associations including supporting strategic engagement plans, managing external requests, responding timely, and ensuring coordination with internal stakeholders.
- Partner with the business to understand their needs globally, and drive solutions specifically around process improvements.
To qualify, candidates must have:
Additional Job Description:Subsidiary:
- 15+ years of experience with global BSA/AML programs, including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act, KYC/CIP, OFAC, and USA Patriot Act within the financial services or fintech industry
- 10+ years of direct prior experience in acquiring and payments processing (eCommerce, FinTech, Banking ecosystem preferred)
- Deep understanding of the financial services industry is required and must include experience gained in consumer financial services, payments, processing, financial technology or another diversified financial services firm.
- A strategic thinker who has the outstanding ability to drive creative solutions to complexcommercial and regulatory challenges.
- Extensive leadership experience in high transaction, large/complex/matrixed business environment within Financial Services
- Must have a track record of developing and implementing a comprehensive strategy and plan for managing information security across a global and diverse organization
- Experienced in executive, board, and regulatory level reporting, in addition to managing regulatory expectations within financial services.
- Demonstrate ability to build an effective, cohesive, and collaborative management team
- Strong focus and record of execution
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to influence at all levels of the organization, while being able to simplify complex topics for understanding and critical decision making by Senior Leadership
- Excellent problem solving abilities and analytical skills; proven ability to effectively drive global teams to meet challenging deadlines solving complex problems.
- Ability to apply a broad and comprehensive understanding across multiple functional areas.
- Strong work ethic, and an excellent use of discretion and judgment.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and lead multiple deliverables simultaneously across a large, global corporate environment.
PayPal is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
Actual Compensation is based on various factors including but not limited to work location, and relevant skills and experience.
The total compensation for this practice may include an annual performance bonus (or other incentive compensation, as applicable), equity, and medical, dental, vision, and other benefits. For more information, visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com.
The U.S. national annual pay range for this role is
At PayPal, we're committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can't do this without our most important asset-you. That's why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.comWho We Are:
Click Here to learn more about our culture and community.
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
As part of PayPal's commitment to employees' health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
This job has expired.